Well-made things you get pleasure from using

lzaffuto

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2 door Sport S Sarge Green
I love my grip6 belts. Made in the USA, well made, comfortable, fast to put on and take off. Lots of different styles for work or weekends.

https://grip6.com/
Sponsored

klhjeep2018

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Sales manager
It's funny as one gets older you see the value in good quality items.
I have had a Rolex GMT Master for over 30 years, Only had it serviced once. The company I work for just gave me a Gold Rolex for 30 years of service. But I find myself wearing my old Rolex most of the time. My 1911 Colt Gunsite Commander is at my night stand every night, Or on my side daily. Not 1 misfire and its almost 20 years old. Wrangler cowboy cut jeans, only jeans I will ever wear. Filson jackets and clothing, cost a lot, But last forever. Courtney Boots handmade, I have 3 pair that I keep getting resoled. Wilderness Belts, Holds a holster in place like nothing else I've had, And last but never the least Jeep Wrangler's. Have had 10 over the years, It all started when I was 9, My Grandfather worked for a company that had a 1943 Willy's. Still had the Government Plate on the dash.
First thing I ever drove. I guess him letting me drive it at 9 in a field behind our house started the whole Jeep thing with me.

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
arbor snowboards

m1a

filson stuff
I'm on my second year of snowboarding, looking at getting an Arbor Wasteland or Westmark. Trying to decide on what fits my riding style. i.e. advanced beginner/intermediate that is wanting to progress and shred the crap out of the Mt's.

Reactions: omg

omg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I'm on my second year of snowboarding, looking at getting an Arbor Wasteland or Westmark. Trying to decide on what fits my riding style. i.e. advanced beginner/intermediate that is wanting to progress and shred the crap out of the Mt's.
:like:

I have both arbor relapse [camber] and arbor element [rocker],

I always rode on a rocker, but once i tried a camber style board, i rarely use a rocker board anymore, unless there is ton of powder. you should try both [if you havent already] before you decide

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
Topping the list is this old Ford truck. I have a newer Ford that I am trying to sell. I will never sell this old flatbed. It's almost as old as I am, it's in great shape mechanically due to hard work and the availability of replacement parts, and it's just damned functional. It has a 7' x 8' flatbed, which is more useful than any pickup I ever drove. I helped my son buy it for $3,000 several years ago, put a bunch of money into it, and he paid me back and kept doing work on it. Recently, I finally convinced him to spend his untouched COVID-19 stimulus checks to get some repop parts to fix it up after he wrecked it on ice a few years ago. The fresh, mismatched rattle can paint job I did on the new fender was immediately screwed up when I dropped it and boogered the paint while adding some fresh dents. Perfect, aesthetically. This is an excellent truck for doing actual truck stuff. Jeep Dog agrees. Bark bark!

Jeep Wrangler JL Well-made things you get pleasure from using 1624262428659

I could go on, but to be totally honest, I'm six sheets in the wind at this point. Maybe I will post some pix of my beloved vintage tools at a later time. Old American tools FTW!

Sponsored

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I have had a Rolex GMT Master for over 30 years, Only had it serviced once. The company I work for just gave me a Gold Rolex for 30 years of service. But I find myself wearing my old Rolex most of the time. My 1911 Colt Gunsite Commander is at my night stand every night, Or on my side daily. Not 1 misfire and its almost 20 years old. Wrangler cowboy cut jeans, only jeans I will ever wear. Filson jackets and clothing, cost a lot, But last forever. Courtney Boots handmade, I have 3 pair that I keep getting resoled. Wilderness Belts, Holds a holster in place like nothing else I've had, And last but never the least Jeep Wrangler's. Have had 10 over the years, It all started when I was 9, My Grandfather worked for a company that had a 1943 Willy's. Still had the Government Plate on the dash.
First thing I ever drove. I guess him letting me drive it at 9 in a field behind our house started the whole Jeep thing with me.
Lord forbid the I will only drive a manual Jeep and driving a manual is a dark art that only a few selected people can master and there is no way a 9 year old could ever drive a manual transmission as it is reserved for the select few crowd find out that you did that.....

I love quality products.

Burt

First Name
Burt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2014 FJ Cruiser (TTUE), 2016 Camry XLE (wife’s)
Occupation
Retired
When I’m not driving my JL…

.2nd FJ qtr million miles and never left me stranded

F8D39325-E637-4778-9BB3-93685C6AB490.jpeg

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
When I’m not driving my JL…

.2nd FJ qtr million miles and never left me stranded

F8D39325-E637-4778-9BB3-93685C6AB490.jpeg
Sweet. I have had two XJ Cherokee like that. We looked at buying a new FJ about 10 years ago. Always thought they were cool. There is a nice used one for say locally that has about 120,000 miles on it for $15,000. We looked at it as my wife is thinking she wants a different vehicle as a retirement gift. The only problem is it is yellow. :(

Last edited:

Pinion

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 FJ40, 22 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Project Manager
I adopted the motto of "Buy Once, Cry Once" a long time ago. Most of the stuff I own, I take pleasure in using. It's been quite the hill to climb though.

Right now, I'm enjoying my Boston Whaler. When I'm not using it, I can watch it from my back deck floating in the bay.

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Lately it's been my Snapon tq wrenches, BCM SBR, and KTM 500.

Sponsored

3VOLVE

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Ted,

Thanks for creating this thread. It’s been a great exercise and gentle reminder of appreciating what we value in our daily lives. Especially germane to the fact I retire on 30 June.

Last edited:

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Thanks a lot. I had never heard of Filson. I just checked them out. That is going to cost me some money.

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx-retired
First thing to come to mind was my toolbox! It’s a Craftsman tool box my mother gave to my father for Christmas in 1961. At 60 years old the drawers still open and close like butter. I guess back then craftsman was building good stuff.

Pegleg

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
Vice President - Woburn Sportsmen's Association
I have an Evinrude Outboard my Dad bought new in 1966. It is like the Energizer Bunny and keeps going and going. A few years ago I was worried about getting parts so I bought a bunch of sets of points/condenser, carb rebuild kits, impeller kit and some of the common seals and gaskets.

It starts on the first pull every time as long as you run it dry after each use so there is no gas left in the carbs to mung things up. Worst problems were when they added ethanol to gas I had to replace all the fuel lines and rebuild the carbs because the ethanol messed everything up.

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Glad. Mojave, 16 JKU Sahara, 20 Supra
Thanks @wibornz for the Duluth stuff heads up. I went out and got some of their cargo pants. Gawd, they are so comfy. Gonna go back and check out some shorts.

Other stuff I love:
* Citizen eco_drive watch. Love this watch. Beautiful and I get so many compliments on it plus I never have to worry about the battery or the time/date being wrong
* My Exmark zero turn. Makes mowing a pleasure and the resulting cut makes me want to stare when it’s done.
* Buttoned down brand dress shirts. These are Amazon brand dress shirts. The material is high quality plus you can just about custom spec. Out your shirt from collar type to fit to so many neck/sleeve combos.
* naturally my Jeep and my Supra. leaves a smile on my face every time I drive ‘em. Jeep gets me my sun fix, Supra gets me my speed fix.
* my Echo chain saw. Cranks up easy every time and is so lightweight I can run it for hours
* my Pit Boss smoker, yum.
* Bosch jig saw. Such a great tool, cuts so straight and just feels so solid in your hands
Sponsored