Sponsored

Well-made things you get pleasure from using

Chewbacca2264

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
My KTM 990 Adventure......awesome bike that has been a blast, oh and my PXG irons......almost too pretty to put in the bag!
Sponsored

crazychile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler JK, 2018 Wrangler JLU
Danner boots. (USA made) One pair is 30 yrs old and still looks new. My 3 yr old pair needs new soles (which can be replaced) but uppers still look new.

Buck knives. Not the fanciest out there, but most are USA made and their warranty is tops. I broke one being a dumbass and they replaced it even though they hadn't made the model for almost 20 years.

I have 2 bicycles made by Cannondale. They're from the early 90s when they were still USA made. Those bikes have seen thousands of miles.

Kevin’s Rubi

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired flight test engineer
Yes, I know this is a Jeep forum but it really is my Jeep that makes me happy.

I've always driven sensible cars, Honda Accords, not the top end versions either. Every now and then I would look at a Jeep because I had a CJ in high school and college and loved it. But I would always talk myself out of buying another one. I would tell myself that vehicles are for transportation and the money would do more by being invested. So I retired this year and bought the JL as a retirement present. It's more than a Jeep to me. It's a reward for forty years of hard work and I smile every time I look at it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Yes, I know this is a Jeep forum but it really is my Jeep that makes me happy.

I've always driven sensible cars, Honda Accords, not the top end versions either. Every now and then I would look at a Jeep because I had a CJ in high school and college and loved it. But I would always talk myself out of buying another one. I would tell myself that vehicles are for transportation and the money would do more by being invested. So I retired this year and bought the JL as a retirement present. It's more than a Jeep to me. It's a reward for forty years of hard work and I smile every time zi look at it.
I am with you. For 20+ years I drove beater cars that I paid about $1000 dollars for. We always had a nicer family car, but my daily driver was stuff that high school kids would not want to drive. I invested well over the years and then when I retired in Sept 2018, I ordered my JLUR. My JLUR was my retirement give for almost 30 years of working in prisons. I told people at work that I was buying a brand new Rubicon for my retirement gift and I don't think any of them believed it.

Sponsored

Kevin’s Rubi

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired flight test engineer
I am with you. For 20+ years I drove beater cars that I paid about $1000 dollars for. We always had a nicer family car, but my daily driver was stuff that high school kids would not want to drive. I invested well over the years and then when I retired in Sept 2018, I ordered my JLUR. My JLUR was my retirement give for almost 30 years of working in prisons. I told people at work that I was buying a brand new Rubicon for my retirement gift and I don't think any of them believed it.
And you damn well earned it! My son started in the county jail. Here in Texas they start deputies out there so that they can learn the BS that comes with your job before they hit the streets. He got lucky and had a couple friends in his pod who were knuckle draggers (I always thought that was a slam but apparently it's top shelf in the prison system) and they helped him learn street smarts and how to get his 170 pound butt out of a tight spot. My hat's off to you. Congratulations on retirement! It's great, ain't it?

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
My bowling ball, my softball bat, my crossbow, my compound bow, my pool with my kids, my collection of invicta watches, a Frisbee,
pool que I won when I beat my grandfather in pool,
My keurig, honestly without that I would just fall down
My RC cars and trucks, drone
My Trek Mountian bike
My jeep
My boat
Fishing poles
cool swirly straws
my shower
water guns, nerf guns
Real guns too, but I can't own guns ( ironic that I have a crossbow and compound bow huh) but me and my wife go to the range ocassionally.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I think I am your average Joe. With that said, there are a few things that bring me great pleasure in using like good tools, a nice watch, good clothing etc What makes you smile every time you use it because it is just that good.

I have a Springfield Trophy Match 1911 that I have put about 75,000 rounds through over the years. Every time I take it shooting, I always smile. The quality and performance over the years has been awesome. And with that the Dillion XL650 reloading press. I have many guns, but the 1911 always makes me smile.

My G-Shock watch. Just tough and keeps on working..... Also Mud Resistant. lol

My Craftsman 1/2 impact gun. Every time I use it.... Big SMILES.

Sthil chainsaws and Sthil string trimmer. I can go a couple months or a year with out using them and they always start right up and perform well.

Duluth Trading Company clothing. Their fire hose pants are tough, comfy and the best work pants I have ever owned. Their underwear are super and the best I have ever owned, Their cargo pants and shorts are the best I have ever owned. Overall their clothing is awesome. Pricey, but they they sales.

Now that I am retired, I would like to get a great pocket knife.
Very nice thread topic..... For me:

- Colonel Littleton wallet. Was bought a few years ago as a Christmas gift and love it. You can tell it was made by someone who cares. That's not common today.

- Wera screwdrivers. So good I often do it by hand and not a power screwdrivers to enjoy them a bit more.

- Knipex pliers/cutters/cobra's. Like Wera these are in a class by themselves.

- Olukai shoes. Wonderful shoes. Made in the Hawaiian islands but sadly some models now made in China.

- Wigwam socks. On those cold damp mornings....

- My H&K P7. This has been my carry gun for 20 years and is a fantastic small pistol. Over the years it's gotten fancy new grips but that's about it. I've tried carrying others but they feel bulky and awkward; and the point of a carry gun is that when you need it it's second nature - and the P7 is exactly that. Always end up back with the P7.

Looking forward to seeing other things on this thread....

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Hmmmm

- My Taylor acoustic guitar and American Fender Strat electric. Quality instruments are worth their weight in gold.
- .280 Remington (rcbs improved) rifle. It has a smooth German trigger from some guy who is no longer with us. Shoots straight and flat every time.
- Good quality hiking boots
- My Jeep for sure - everything about it shows that a lot of thought and care was put into it (with a few unfortunate compromises to economics)

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
Rec Tec grills...worth every penny. Wifi on my smoker was a complete game changer
Second that. Friend has one. It’s awesome. I have a traeger. Love it. Was planning rec tec but got a great deal on this.

Sponsored

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
After a long cold winter, I gassed up my Stihl weedwacker. Fired right up. Man this thing saves me time and always runs. I trim a lot over 4 acres.
Sponsored