Sponsored

Visor replacement at dealership

Wrangler847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
My visor was damaged at the dealership for first my first oil change and finally they agreed to fix it. I don't have much confidence in this place after what they did the first time but its the only way I can get it done without paying out of pocket. They wouldn't just give me the visor or even let another jeep dealership do it for me. Does anyone know how complex it is to remove the visor that has the garage door remote option built in? I'm having second thoughts on if I am going to let them touch my jeep again.
Sponsored

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
My visor was damaged at the dealership for first my first oil change and finally they agreed to fix it. I don't have much confidence in this place after what they did the first time but its the only way I can get it done without paying out of pocket. They wouldn't just give me the visor or even let another jeep dealership do it for me. Does anyone know how complex it is to remove the visor that has the garage door remote option built in? I'm having second thoughts on if I am going to let them touch my jeep again.
How can that be damaged on a oil change? Incompetence I guess

OP
OP

Wrangler847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
How can that be damaged on a oil change? Incompetence I guess
I have a post somewhere on here when it happened. I asked for a replacement inspection sticker because the original one was stuck on so far over and crooked and the monkey slit up the vinyl on the visor with an xacto knife. They even caught the upper frame trim but nothing I can do about that.

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
I have a post somewhere on here when it happened. I asked for a replacement inspection sticker because the original one was stuck on so far over and crooked and the monkey slit up the vinyl on the visor with an xacto knife. They even caught the upper frame trim but nothing I can do about that.
Geez, I will avoid that dealer like a plague in the future.

Djmatt85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
It shouldn’t be too difficult. Without looking at mine, I’m pretty sure it’s just a couple screws and an electrical connector. Be sure to clear garage door opener button’s memory before it’s replaced just to be on the safe side. The instructions can be found in the owners manual.

Sponsored

W1ck3d

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon
The visor is just held in by 2 bolts.... Very simple but you will also have to remove the sports bar trim along the left side by the drivers door because thats where it plugs in.... So overall its 2 t25 bolts for the visor and 4 t25 screws for the trim.... 5 min job
Sponsored