litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

The passenger side visor retaining clip broke. As I’m out of warranty, and my extended warranty has a $200 deductible, I’m just going to swap the replacement in myself.
Except I’m not sure which part to get. MOPAR parts online lists two visors for the right-hand side. The illuminated one (which I have) and the non-illuminated one.
This makes sense. Except the pricing doesn’t, so I’m questioning myself as to what part I need to order. Illuminated visor is ~$20 the non-illuminated one is ~$70??

Parts list
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@INCRHULK

So, you will buy a new visor and as it is designed the same same as the one you broke, you will undoubtedly see that replacement visor break the same way.

Most anyone that is a tad handy can easily fix the broken visor for less then say $4.00..... and that fixed visor will not be prone / will not break in the same place again...

Anyway, fixing the visor is the way to go...

Read here:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/sun-visor-fix.44865/

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
@INCRHULK

So, you will buy a new visor and as it is designed the same same as the one you broke, you will undoubtedly see that replacement visor break the same way.

Most anyone that is a tad handy can easily fix the broken visor for less then say $4.00..... and that fixed visor will not be prone / will not break in the same place again...

Anyway, fixing the visor is the way to go...

Read here:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/sun-visor-fix.44865/
What he said x100!^^^

Don't get the same POS and expect different results, just do the fix in the thread posted and move on to bigger and better things to spend your time on. Mine's been 2 years since the fix and it's used all the time.

OP
OP
INCRHULK

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Thanks guys. I had done the repair on my driver’s side and got it replaced by my dealership as they said they had a new part that fixed the breaking retainer.

If the new part breaks just as easily, I may as well just do the repair myself.
Sponsored