Sponsored

Uwharrie

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Honestly that pic makes things look way worse than they were, I was able to crawl that slow and have enough offset to keep me off the wall. while not the most technical trail I've done, I think waldens ridge at windrock was the hardest on the nerves. I was the black JL in there, on a mere 2.5" lift and 37's (also the reason I have 40's now haha )
Did your jeep sustain any damage doing Waldens ?
Sponsored

Alacon01

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Did your jeep sustain any damage doing Waldens ?
no, not at all, I have a full bellypan so any of that was protected. My height just kept getting me hung up, and after the parking lot situation I was a bit high on tire pressure.

We broke more stuff then next day on 39, I think they have a video of that one as well. I linked it below, it was all boulders mostly but the trail was a blast, I didn't sustain any damage there either, but the downhill part is hell on steering components.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys I posted this on the NC Roll Call thread as well. That thread is a great place to follow if you are from NC since we keep it pretty active with what any of us our doing.
So far @mojitojeep looks like he is in for Sunday and @UNC Rubicon might be able as well. Planning on a 1PM meet up at the Outpost. PM for my cell if you are interested.
FYI, I plan on running next weekend as well and I can do Saturday or Sunday or both.

OP
OP
jntrees

jntrees

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport S, Ducati 899
Vehicle Showcase
Nicely done, what tire pressure were you running?

And next time tell your friend not to film from directly in front of your car. If your Jeep jumps, he's the next rock it's going over.
Didn't air down at all. I didn't have a compressor and I had about two and a half hours of driving home.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Didn't air down at all. I didn't have a compressor and I had about two and a half hours of driving home.
Yuk.

FYI, the Outpost is only about 5 mins of road driving from the entrance to the trail road. You will be totally fine driving that aired down and disconnected (if you happen to be). Heck, I've driven like 15-20 mins aired down and disconnected before.
At the Outpost the air is free, just reached under the air unit and push the blue button and it will run for 5 mins and then push it again, etc... It doesn't matter if it's after hours or not.

Props that you did all of this connected and full tire pressure BUT for future reference you are really running a risk at full PSI. You want your tires to mold around the rocks as it adds grip and helps keep them from puncturing against sharp rocks.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jntrees

jntrees

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport S, Ducati 899
Vehicle Showcase
Yuk.

FYI, the Outpost is only about 5 mins of road driving from the entrance to the trail road. You will be totally fine driving that aired down and disconnected (if you happen to be). Heck, I've driven like 15-20 mins aired down and disconnected before.
At the Outpost the air is free, just reached under the air unit and push the blue button and it will run for 5 mins and then push it again, etc... It doesn't matter if it's after hours or not.

Props that you did all of this connected and full tire pressure BUT for future reference you are really running a risk at full PSI. You want your tires to mold around the rocks as it adds grip and helps keep them from puncturing against sharp rocks.
Good to know. I figured a bit more clearance aired up would be more beneficial.
Honestly, I don't remember seeing an outpost out there.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It's the Eldorado Outpost, I assumed you got your day pass there.

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The Outpost is the gas station right before you get to Uwharrie.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
no, not at all, I have a full bellypan so any of that was protected. My height just kept getting me hung up, and after the parking lot situation I was a bit high on tire pressure.

We broke more stuff then next day on 39, I think they have a video of that one as well. I linked it below, it was all boulders mostly but the trail was a blast, I didn't sustain any damage there either, but the downhill part is hell on steering components.

We were at WR that Sunday, we saw them in the parking lot at the end of the day. That was our first time there and we plan on going back, I can't believe how massive that place is.
You have the black Jeep with the custom license plat right?
There are a few of us hitting Uwharie tomorrow and there is a group called Jeep Addicts meeting at the Outpost at 9:30 as well.

Sponsored

Alacon01

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
We were at WR that Sunday, we saw them in the parking lot at the end of the day. That was our first time there and we plan on going back, I can't believe how massive that place is.
You have the black Jeep with the custom license plat right?
There are a few of us hitting Uwharie tomorrow and there is a group called Jeep Addicts meeting at the Outpost at 9:30 as well.
Yeah mine was one of the black ones with a custom plate there , mine was crosthrd and reaperjl was another.

We were out at Jeep invasion and hit some more trails this saturday, and I think are planning to be in uwharrie again this coming saturday.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah mine was one of the black ones with a custom plate there , mine was crosthrd and reaperjl was another.

We were out at Jeep invasion and hit some more trails this saturday, and I think are planning to be in uwharrie again this coming saturday.
Can't do this Saturday but this Sunday we are planning to be there at Uwharie.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Nicely done, what tire pressure were you running?

And next time tell your friend not to film from directly in front of your car. If your Jeep jumps, he's the next rock it's going over.
You really did spell that sig as 'Awesomesause' ;)

Mikeb16

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Moving on the 27th and would like to get out to Uwharrie for the first time this weekend the 14th or the following weekend the 21st.
If anyone is down to meet up and run the easier trails

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Moving on the 27th and would like to get out to Uwharrie for the first time this weekend the 14th or the following weekend the 21st.
If anyone is down to meet up and run the easier trails
You should hit up the NC roll call page... we've made a couple trips last month.
Sponsored