Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Went all the way left. Even that was gnarly man. Didn't scrape there but did over every damn man-made stupid speed bump things.
Only Rubicon wheels...
lol, agreed... I scraped on about 90% of those... :headbang:
Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Every tree next to the trail probably has a story about driving when slick. If it rained, it would be a nightmare in my opinion.
Usually in a OHV park, I'd see a ton of Jeeps and four wheelers but I was there Monday for 3.5 hours and didn't see a single soul.
Quite weird...
We typically run on Sundays and it has been dead. I think a lot of people run in the morning and wrap it up around 3.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The last pic makes it look like the bypass. We’ve gotta run it up next time. We need to work for it next time.
The Mrs. is a little nervous :)
I think if we pick the right line, either all the way left (not the bypass) or all the way right we will be OK. No bouncing and easy on the skinny pedal. I've seen dudes with 37s and 40s walk right up the middle like they were driving through a parking lot. :clap:

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
I would go with the standard approach and do Rocky Mountain loop and backside of Daniel and see how you feel from there. the Front side of Daniel is the hard part, to do the back side you would make the turn off the rocky mountain loop connection and turn around when you get to the top of the hill. for the most part keeping to the right is the easier path.

You will be able to do Dickey if you stay out of the ruts and head to the right hand side after where the V used to be. If you are alone keep in mind Dutch John has a low spot with hill climbs on both sides.

Don't do daniel on 33's currently, here is me from last weekend on 40s. ( I put mysled in the rut on purpose, climing that wall is hell)
2019-08-03 (1).jpeg
It blows me away, what you guys put your jeeps through ! I'm sure its a huge rush !

OP
OP
jntrees

jntrees

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport S, Ducati 899
Vehicle Showcase
The Mrs. is a little nervous :)
I think if we pick the right line, either all the way left (not the bypass) or all the way right we will be OK. No bouncing and easy on the skinny pedal. I've seen dudes with 37s and 40s walk right up the middle like they were driving through a parking lot. :clap:

Here is the run I did. I almost backed out due to the advice of others.

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Here is the run I did. I almost backed out due to the advice of others.
LOL... need a tank to go through there. The Jeep is a tank in 4LO (which is what you should be in), smack your friend, tell him to shut up and get out of the way next time ;)
I'm sure when you got to the top of that run you felt more confident and thought it wasn't that bad :)

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It blows me away, what you guys put your jeeps through ! I'm sure its a huge rush !
These JLs are so capable, even sock. The transfer case on them in 4LO is the best yet. 90% of the time it's the driver as the reason the Jeep won't go somewhere. You need to come out with us, we are using the Jeeps for what they were made for. You're Jeep is secretly pining to be with ours... listen to it :)

OP
OP
jntrees

jntrees

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
LOL... need a tank to go through there. The Jeep is a tank in 4LO (which is what you should be in), smack your friend, tell him to shut up and get out of the way next time ;)
I'm sure when you got to the top of that run you felt more confident and thought it wasn't that bad :)
It was quite the rush man. I've gotten that same rush from my Ducati 899 that my wife made me sell.
I walked away impressed man for sure. It looked impassable but once I committed, it wasn't that bad.

OP
OP
jntrees

jntrees

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
These JLs are so capable, even sock. The transfer case on them in 4LO is the best yet. 90% of the time it's the driver as the reason the Jeep won't go somewhere. You need to come out with us, we are using the Jeeps for what they were made for. You're Jeep is secretly pining to be with ours... listen to it :)
I'm planning on putting a Rock Krawler lift on this winter and maybe picking up new wheels and 35s for these trips.
Next up is a shorty bumper and winch though.

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Damn Dude, that was strong. I didn't see anything that looked like a bypass.
He was on the bypass, the rock garden is to his right. Here's a video of me going down the garden to give you an idea of how it looks.

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
If I had a beater Jeep , otherwise I will get my rushes from my bike !;)

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
If I had a beater Jeep , otherwise I will get my rushes from my bike !;)
Seriously.... Your Sahara would do great on that run. Don't underestimate it!

G_0071.JPG?o=AqpCzv4X8OzJj6LFX7-1XQfKwkhrQxBTkevDuGqCfFfi&v=1&z=https%3A%2F%2Fp35-content.icloud.jpg