jbozz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry about that, point is the same, gas ignites (or blows up, catches fire, detonates) before it is supposed to causing your rod to exit the side of your block. You want to correct me on my bad terminology there too?
:LOL:
Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Sorry about that, point is the same, gas ignites (or blows up, catches fire, detonates) before it is supposed to causing your rod to exit the side of your block. You want to correct me on my bad terminology there too?
Actually yes. You and several others here don't really understand the terms you're using. Your air/fuel mixture is never supposed to explode, it's supposed to burn evenly. If it explodes, it's called detonation (doesn't matter if it's early, late or on time). Pre-ignition, while related to detonation is not the same thing. It's when the air/fuel mixture ignites before it is supposed to (usually caused by a hot spot in the cylinder). It's not necessarily an explosion (detonation), although it can be. The typical knock most people get is caused by detonation.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I did a little test on regular 87 octane Shell gas at a station I frequent. They publish their gas to be "up to 10% ethanol." Here's what I found...
https://i.imgur.com/uZ1p56f.jpg

I prefer less ethanol, so for me, it was good news.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Well, guess I will check this puregas.org site out. I have read it listed a few times on these threads.

To clear early text on a different thread. The Shell V-Power was 91 octane, not 93

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Well, guess I will check this puregas.org site out. I have read it listed a few times on these threads.

To clear early text on a different thread. The Shell V-Power was 91 octane, not 93
Well according to PureGas.org Dallas does not have any listed. The nearest one is Denton about 50 miles Northwest of Dallas and Rockwall about 30 miles East.
Sponsored