Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Thanks!
I am taking pictures and will write up a post once it’s on. I can say right off the bat that the quality is excellent and it is built like a tank
Pictures Please or it didn’t happen.
Sponsored

GrumpyBadger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ocean Blue Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Wow... is that top wood length piece broken from transit? Make sure you tell UM. That shipper has some s'plainin to do!

Kirk

Threads
Reaction score
Wow... is that top wood length piece broken from transit? Make sure you tell UM. That shipper has some s'plainin to do!
Yep something happened in transit but the top looks untouched, there was a vertical 2x4 near where it was cracked so I think that is what saved it

Sponsored

GrumpyBadger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ocean Blue Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Be really really really picky. That thing is too expensive to settle for craptastic shipping. Hopefully there is no misalignment damage for the closures / top scissor supports.

Jeez... I'd be freaking out. I'm freakin out FOR you. Jeez.

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Are they any different to install from a factory hardtop?

Sponsored

Kirk

Threads
Reaction score
Promise more photos tomorrow just got home with the Jeep and J30 is on!!!! I will start off with it was worth every bit of the wait! The fit and finish is excellent! I ended up having the top delivered to a off road shop and I am glad I did the crate was huge and I would not have been able to offload it without a forklift. The fellas at Mount Zion mounted and wired it and did an excellent job. I will take detailed pictures of anything anyone would like the wiring was straight forward and everything works..... pretty sure I am sleeping in it tonight!
All the Best
0756CEFC-9594-47AD-952F-53AFC9905F5E.jpeg

4E06CD71-CDD5-49EC-A9E4-D3A8A578A4E5.jpeg

UtahRubi

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Promise more photos tomorrow just got home with the Jeep and J30 is on!!!! I will start off with it was worth every bit of the wait! The fit and finish is excellent! I ended up having the top delivered to a off road shop and I am glad I did the crate was huge and I would not have been able to offload it without a forklift. The fellas at Mount Zion mounted and wired it and did an excellent job. I will take detailed pictures of anything anyone would like the wiring was straight forward and everything works..... pretty sure I am sleeping in it tonight!
All the Best
Jeep Wrangler JL Ursa Minor? 4E06CD71-CDD5-49EC-A9E4-D3A8A578A4E5

I have the same Jeep as you so this is awesome to see how it looks!! Can’t wait to see more pics. Thanks for posting!

OP
OP
CM⛰

CM⛰

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite Crystal
All the Best

Was the awning bracket installed by UM. Does it feel sturdy? I’m guessing there is hardware on the inside for the brackets. Can you take a pic of that?

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
Has Ursa Minor shipped any JL units? I seem to remember people saying they were expecting theirs that they ordered, but that’s been over a year ago or more.
Did you do any research? Their Insta is loaded with delivered units

There's an outfit (can't remember the name) that sells something similar but only fits a custom extended Wrangler Unlimited body. IMHO it's ridiculous. The departure angle is reduced and the one I saw had tiny bench seats in the back as if it was an RV. Going head to head with Ursa Minor with standard JLU fitment would be more profitable. They would have 1000s more potential customers vs owners of the custom extended Wrangler. All they need to do is get rid of the 6 month waiting, under cut the price and it's game on.
This is an imported unit from a company out of Lubbock. Good luck trying to get a hold of them. I’ve been trying for months

That thing looks good, but is shockingly expensive. Plus at 265lbs, it is not exactly light weight either.
For that money, I would just go with an alu-cab with their 270 awing.
265 minus the 120 the current hardtop weights

I wouldn't expect Ursa Minor lead times to go down anytime soon. Looks like they are making a Bronco version that might be a factory option. Guessing Ford will require some sort of guarantee on delivery time frame.

https://ursaminorvehicles.com/b30-bronco-pop-top.html
They’ve said they plan on the Bronco, but have made no plans as of yet. I would be worried about it being a factory Bronco option as this is what has pretty much killed AEV for jeepers

Hopefully I will have pictures to post soon:like:
Talked to John just a bit ago and our top should be crated up and shipped tomorrow!
So excited for you. I’m in the list for a December delivery, but I might push it back to May so I can ship my jeep to Oregon (no sales tax) and make the ride back to CO a nice planned road trip.
Sponsored