Sponsored

Unmarry Issue

First Name
Lois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
I have a 2018 JLU. I have been using the Tazer JL Mini for almost a year now with no issues. I had an appointment this morning to take the jeep in for a steering recall today, so I attempted the process for unmarrying the tazer. When I attempted to start the process and hit the left arrow and cruise control button, nothing happened. The cruise went on and off but no tazer action. I tried unplugging and plugging and nothing. One time I did that and the lightshow started. I couldn't stop the lightshow with the steering wheel so I had to use my key fob. I texted Joe but did not get a response.
I went to the dealership anyways to see if they could do the update without unmarrying the tazer, but the update is actually in the computer.
When I got home, I tried to unplug and plug again and nothing. I went to the ZAutomotive sight and followed the Bot recommendations which included a Firmwear update and checking for the 05 fuse to make sure it was not blown. Nothing worked.
As far as I can tell, the tazer is working when plugged into the jeep. I just can't get into the system to make any changes or unmarry. This is very frustrating as I need to get this recall taken care of.
I don't know if it matters but, when I first got this tazer, I went to update it and it crashed. I did the research and figured out how to reinstall the program and everything was fine. I have unmarried it before since that happened, so I don't believe that has anything to do with it. Maybe it was defective all along, I don't know. I just want it to work like it is supposed to so that I can take the jeep to the shop and get it serviced when needed.
I am pretty frustrated. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Lois
Sponsored

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
No one here can help as much as Joe at z automotive. Wait for the weekday and text/email them until you get in contact with them. They will help you get through the issue.

OP
OP
Imaginethat119
First Name
Lois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
No one here can help as much as Joe at z automotive. Wait for the weekday and text/email them until you get in contact with them. They will help you get through the issue.
Thank you! Actually, I did talk to Joe and he was extremely helpful. After doing everything necessary to correct the problem, I finally realized that it was user error. Ugh. I felt so bad for wasting Joe's time. I guess that thing they refer to as "Covid Fog" is real. I would delete this thread if I could figure out how.
At least I did find out that there is a fix to the problem and it can be found on their website.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Thank you! Actually, I did talk to Joe and he was extremely helpful. After doing everything necessary to correct the problem, I finally realized that it was user error. Ugh. I felt so bad for wasting Joe's time. I guess that thing they refer to as "Covid Fog" is real. I would delete this thread if I could figure out how.
At least I did find out that there is a fix to the problem and it can be found on their website.
@Imaginethat119

It's nice that you came back and made this last post!.... Thanks for doing so!

Great that you let other's here know Joe was there for you 100% and that he got you through your issue...

I'm also glad that the issue is behind you.

I have to hand it to Joe Z at ZAutomotive.....He's a small business owner with a mere handful of employees (like 6) and still, along with all else he does there, he also manages to be there personally for Tazer user's as he is/was for you.

I've had Joe, call me, pm me, email me and text me on weekends , at all hours of the day or night... Holidays and even when he was at home with health issues... For sure he is there for his customer's. Yup, Joe gives a dam.

Shortcast

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I'm experiencing a similar issue. Not being able to access the tazer menu after left/cancel input. Would you mind sharing the details of your "user error"? Thanks in advance.

Shortcast
Sponsored