hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Possibly. I know the guy fairly well and seen his rig it’s definitely a Rubi. No tow or steel bumper but it did have a hard top. This one has got me stumped.
Who knows about 21s. They did add the 3.6 eTorque. May be different combo for that. :facepalm:
Sponsored

OP
OP

Reneli

First Name
Rene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL 2D
Rene,

Just for reference here's a pic of my rig getting home after a typical afternoon adventure in the foothills and mountains of my Colorado back yard. I went with the 2.5" (actually almost 3") Mopar lift instead of Rubi takeoffs. That's because I opted for the 35" tires. Everything looks great at the moment, but as soon as I add the steel front bumper and winch, I too may be adding 1/4 to 1/2 inch spacers up front. Hopefully the nose down result may not be that bad and so I can do without. We'll soon see.

So many (many) options.
Good luck.

Jay

IMG_20200801_200058.jpg
Sweet ride!
That is strange as those numbers seem to be in the JLU Sahara range. I wouldn't install them since you really won't gain any lift there, if you indeed have the Red Rubi shocks all you need are springs. Of course getting a new Rubi take off set from a heavy 4dr Rubi and having an extra set of shocks isn't a bad thing either :)
True! I’m not really into them for anyone so no harm no foul. Might just pick some up off of rubtrix since I haven’t been seeing to many avalible around my area.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Might just pick some up off of rubtrix since I haven’t been seeing to many avalible around my area.
Keep an eye on FB Market also.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Tried to do a little searching regarding shock numbers and Mopar has really made it tough :(
Entering my shock #s in google ends up w/ nothing on the Mopar sites, but on ebay you see all the Rubicon take-off sets w/ my part #s
683302209AA Front
683302210AA Rear

Sponsored

OP
OP

Reneli

First Name
Rene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL 2D
Tried to do a little searching regarding shock numbers and Mopar has really made it tough :(
Entering my shock #s in google ends up w/ nothing on the Mopar sites, but on ebay you see all the Rubicon take-off sets w/ my part #s
683302209AA Front
683302210AA Rear
thanks for looking into it more BL! Yea I think on the 21s the part numbers might have changed. A member on here has a set of take offs from a 2021. I’ve reached out so I can compare. Mopar just threw a curve ball at us going forward... :/

RV Wrench

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Cherokee, 93 Wrangler, 19 Wrangler
I did some spring coil wire diameter measurements a year ago. Comparing my Rubicon 2-door with tow package, hard top, and steel bumper group to an identical optioned 4-door model. I found the 4-door front spring wire diameter a tad SMALLER and the rear spring diameter a tad BIGGER than my 2-door springs. All other dimensions of the springs were identical. In laymens terms, my 2-door front coils were a very slightly stiffer spring rate, but the rears were a very slightly softer spring rate.

OP
OP

Reneli

First Name
Rene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL 2D
683302209AA Front
683302210AA Rear
Intresting.... So I heard back from the forum member with the 2021 takeoffs and is pair is 89/90 & 58/59 shock numbers are the same as mine. This Rubi had sky touch roof. This shocks matched mine.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Intresting.... So I heard back from the forum member with the 2021 takeoffs and is pair is 89/90 & 58/59 shock numbers are the same as mine. This Rubi had sky touch roof. This shocks matched mine.
Maybe there's some difference in the 2021 spring mounts that would use a slightly shorter spring perhaps?? Mine are 90/91 & 59/61 from a 2018 JLUR w/ hardtop, tow & steel bumpers, and there's sets that are a number or two higher than mine. Interesting to find out what's truly going on here.

I have little doubt the shocks have changed, but maybe something going on there too :angry:
Sponsored