Uconnect radio issue

Driftyd

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JL rubicon
I got my jeep back after eight weeks of waiting for a new radio and within 10 minutes of leaving the dealership it happened again no sound out of the subs or the rear speakers and hardly any sound out of the front no bass whatsoever. I called the dealership and they said to contact Chrysler which makes no sense to me because the dealership said they would try a new radio first and then order a new amp but apparently they need permission. I have had so many issues with this jeep and this is the fourth radio they have put in it because some electrical issue keeps screwing it up. I will say that Lauren at Uconnect has been absolutely great for the last three weeks after she took over when the case was escalated so hopefully she can get this rolling and we can get this fixed and I can go back to jamming in my jeep.
Sponsored

sandygar4

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
I got my jeep back after eight weeks of waiting for a new radio and within 10 minutes of leaving the dealership it happened again no sound out of the subs or the rear speakers and hardly any sound out of the front no bass whatsoever. I called the dealership and they said to contact Chrysler which makes no sense to me because the dealership said they would try a new radio first and then order a new amp but apparently they need permission. I have had so many issues with this jeep and this is the fourth radio they have put in it because some electrical issue keeps screwing it up. I will say that Lauren at Uconnect has been absolutely great for the last three weeks after she took over when the case was escalated so hopefully she can get this rolling and we can get this fixed and I can go back to jamming in my jeep.
I had the same issue and also waited 10 weeks for a warranty replacement(it was yesterday also). After installing the new radio there was still no sound. The tech diagnosed it wes a bad amplifier and it would be 8-10 days to get a replacement. I drove away and noticed the temperature display on the radio said LOW and was unresponsive when trying to adjust the temperature. I turned around and went back to the dealer. Bless her heart the service advisor did some research and found a service bulletin which said to reset the radio and temperature modules for that particular problem. I now have sound and temperature control--at least for now. It might not solve your issue but it could be worth a try.

OP
OP

Driftyd

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JL rubicon
I had the same issue and also waited 10 weeks for a warranty replacement(it was yesterday also). After installing the new radio there was still no sound. The tech diagnosed it wes a bad amplifier and it would be 8-10 days to get a replacement. I drove away and noticed the temperature display on the radio said LOW and was unresponsive when trying to adjust the temperature. I turned around and went back to the dealer. Bless her heart the service advisor did some research and found a service bulletin which said to reset the radio and temperature modules for that particular problem. I now have sound and temperature control--at least for now. It might not solve your issue but it could be worth a try.
OK something crazy I read your response and went out to get in my jeep to leave and my outside temperature was stuck on 62° even though it was 82 outside and it still has not changed so to make a long story short I have to take my vehicle back but unfortunately they are booked until the 24th and I also had no sound coming out of anything. I try to hard reset by disconnecting the negative cable on the battery for 45 minutes and I will say that the volume started working again but that my sound had no bass and my temperature is still stuck at 62°. The journey goes on
Sponsored