Uconnect CarPlay wrong location

Rusty Teeth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Electronics Tech/ Fabricator/ 5G Fiber Optic Cellular Tech
Just got mine back from dealer for some recall (steering damper). 1st attempt GAVE me front end wobble, that I didn't have. Second attempt new trail bracket??? Still have bit of wobble. But now My radio and compass are off! Compass 180 degrees out and Nav says im in baltimore when in harrisburg. I was invited to leave it again. Ahhhh no still trying to get the loose steering back to where it was before recall. UGH.
Sponsored

HuseinSilmi

First Name
Husein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 2018
Occupation
Project Manager
Welcome to the club.

This is a twilight zone, if you communicate with Uconnect customer support they say there is no new version of the software but if you read the Service Bulletin 08-003-19 of the FCA US (attached) it says that there is an update for radio software (ver. 1828.08).

By the way, if someone has a way to get the update it would be ideal to upload it to some place where we could download it, the process of installing it is very simple but in the dealer nobody knows how to do it.

Attachments

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
@Rusty Teeth - We're sorry to hear of these concerns that you have with your Jeep. If you would like additional support while in service, please send our team a private message with your VIN.

@HuseinSilmi - Have you had a case open with Uconnect while at the dealer? If not, we can certainly escalate a case on your behalf. Please send our team a private message.

Darlene
JeepCares

Rusty Teeth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Took it back to dealer, was told need to leave it again.
Was still evaluating the loose steering issues. Didnt want to leave it again!

After driving it a few days, i see steering is still loose, so will be dropping it off again.
Hopefully they can look at radio.

As a side note looks like the jeep reverted back to the location it was picked up originally from day 1 in Maryland.

Seems to be a reoccurring theme also compass is 180 degrees off.

Uber loves me, back n forth to the dealer!
A person from jeep did call me not sure how they influenced the dealer??? If at all

Rusty Teeth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sahara Altitude
Occupation
I see why its lost, no satellites. Ugh

20190929_151450.jpg

20190929_151446.jpg

Sponsored

Rusty Teeth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Was told by dealer they can not update the radio, It must be replaced. Seems to be a common thing take jl in for anything it gets flashed and you loose the GPS function. Or was this an OTA update. Would be coincidental at best

HuseinSilmi

First Name
Husein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 2018
Occupation
Project Manager
Was told by dealer they can not update the radio, It must be replaced. Seems to be a common thing take jl in for anything it gets flashed and you loose the GPS function. Or was this an OTA update. Would be coincidental at best
The problem will appear in the new Radio too, if the software is the same version that the one you have already installed.
If you seek few pages back you will find exact the same approach that you describe here.

Rusty Teeth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sahara Altitude
Occupation
New radio, has satellites showing up now, must be diff software also as i have different icon on screen.

Also the spots where it normally cuts out for few seconds has improved to just a momentary click.

As for steering, they put the latest AE steering stabilizer with oil pod down and replaced track bar. Seems alot better!

Screenshot_20191003-140522_Gallery.jpg

bcbrock

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee
The navigation on my 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude that I just purchased thinks that I am in a town in Michigan when I am actually in Ohio. I tried everything to get it fixed included soft reset, reset of factory default settings, etc. and nothing worked. Took it to a Chrysler dealer yesterday and they are going to be replacing the radio free of charge since the vehicle is under warranty. Fingers crossed that does the trick...
Sponsored