Uconnect Access vs Sirius Guardian

leolo222

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Picked up our 2019 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited a couple of weeks ago. We have the 8.4" radio and the salesman told us all about Uconnect and the features (remote lock/unlock, vehicle reports, etc.) and that he was registering us while we were waiting for delivery. All sounded good. Two weeks later and I still can't figure out how to get this app to work on my phone...or is the 2019 Wranglers even support Uconnect Access.
On the drive connect website the JL isn't even listed as a supported vehicle. I really don't want to pay for the Sirius Guardian plus it lacks the vehicle health reports.

Does anyone have a 2018-19 Wrangler with Uconnect Access and phone App working?

On a related note, I think, when you log in to your Mopar account, does it show your correct current mileage? Ours appears to have updated once after we picked it up and never again. Stuck at 66 miles.
Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Picked up our 2019 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited a couple of weeks ago. We have the 8.4" radio and the salesman told us all about Uconnect and the features (remote lock/unlock, vehicle reports, etc.) and that he was registering us while we were waiting for delivery. All sounded good. Two weeks later and I still can't figure out how to get this app to work on my phone...or is the 2019 Wranglers even support Uconnect Access.
On the drive connect website the JL isn't even listed as a supported vehicle. I really don't want to pay for the Sirius Guardian plus it lacks the vehicle health reports.

On a related note, I think, when you log in to your Mopar account, does it show your correct current mileage? Ours appears to have updated once after we picked it up and never again. Stuck at 66 miles.
When I bought my JLU, my Sirius XM worked right away but no luck with Guardian (app on phone did nothing). I had to contact Jeep customer service (I called but you could probably use chat) and I think it was working within a day after they did whatever they did. I now get the monthly reports, can remotely lock/unlock/start, etc.

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
My uconnect app works. Updating can be recent up to a day or so off. Luck/unlock disappeared a few days ago, but came back. Samsung S 10+ with Android 9

Screenshot_20190731-185737_Uconnect.jpg
Screenshot_20190731-185726_Uconnect.jpg

OP
OP

leolo222

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When I bought my JLU, my Sirius XM worked right away but no luck with Guardian (app on phone did nothing). I had to contact Jeep customer service (I called but you could probably use chat) and I think it was working within a day after they did whatever they did. I now get the monthly reports, can remotely lock/unlock/start, etc.
Thanks, guess I'll wait on hold tomorrow. Good to hear it works though.

OP
OP

leolo222

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My uconnect app works. Updating can be recent up to a day or so off. Luck/unlock disappeared a few days ago, but came back. Samsung S 10+ with Android 9

Screenshot_20190731-185737_Uconnect.jpg
Screenshot_20190731-185726_Uconnect.jpg
That looks cool and what I was expecting. Will be calling them in the morning. Thanks for the feedback.

Sponsored

JROOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
Before April I noticed the Mopar site was always real-time updated but now not so often. I won’t be subscribing to guardian when trial runs out, if I wanted a lo jack type thing there is a cheaper alternative. The Uconnect is nice but can be too nanny, such as when I air down the tires and it feels like I don’t know, then sends me text and emails haha.

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
I think you have to activate from the uConnect in the Wrangler or something like that, I kinda wanted it when I had the JK and saw some demo with this new version of uConnect, now I have it, it's kind of useless, one feature I would like to work is the Send and Go or something like that, where you can send an address from the phone to the uConnect navigation, but never got that to work. Someone broke the rear glass a few months ago, the alarm never sent me a notification, alarm probably did not go off, not sure if the hard top is even hooked up to the alarm, kinda stupid since the rear glass is the most expensive glass on the Wrangler.

Oh the Guardian thing is about $12 a month subscription, so if you don't think you want to pay that kind of money every month, don't get hooked

OP
OP

leolo222

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update - Spent some time on the phone with Uconnect support trying to sort this out and was told Uconnect Access was replaced by SiriusXM Guardian sometime in early 2018. My 2019 Wrangler does not support Uconnect Access, only Guardian.
That was good info to learn, but we still could not activate Guardian. Long story short, the salesman misspelled our email address and we never got the link to finish activation. With that fixed, the app works...ok. All of the features are pretty cool, but they don't always work. Locking/unlocking failed half the time as did locating the car. It's free for a year, but after that, unless they fix the responsiveness, I won't be paying for it.

Thanks for the help!

Punkindave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0 Turbo Bluebicon, 2020 JLUR 2.0 Turbo (Wife's)
Occupation
ITS Project Manager
It takes a couple of weeks to register you as the owner of the vehicle. (check the website for status)
THe phone app (Android)has been quirky and the remote functions work but the reporting functions sometimes don't update.
For some reason, I'm still connected to the Jeep that was bought back be FCA months ago. (Interesting to see where it is!)

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
What app are you using then?
I'm using this one. The Uconnect app for my 2019 with April 2019 build date.

Screenshot_20190802-082311_Google Play Store.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP

leolo222

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It takes a couple of weeks to register you as the owner of the vehicle. (check the website for status)
THe phone app (Android)has been quirky and the remote functions work but the reporting functions sometimes don't update.
For some reason, I'm still connected to the Jeep that was bought back be FCA months ago. (Interesting to see where it is!)
As I noted, our issue was a misspelled email address entered by the dealer. It works now.
Would be real creepy to start your old Jeep remotely if someone new owns it.

Dom

First Name
Dom Sahara JL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Technician

I purchased my 2019 in February my Uconnect was working great I could start open my Jeep with my iPhone then in the Summer when I got my LED light conversion it stopped working I’ve been on the phone with Guardian they did all the troubleshooting they asked me to push the SOS button behind the rearview mirror big mistake this thing would not stop ringing for a hour even after parked and locked my Jeep I could see from outside my Jeep the screen was still lit I had to disconnect the negative on my battery for five minutes to make it stop bottom line it doesn’t work anymore. What did it I believe is the hyper flash I’m getting from my front led signal lights yes I took it to the dealer they can’t stop the hyper flash and they tell me they don’t find anything wrong with my telematic system.

Dom

First Name
Dom Sahara JL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Technician
I purchased my 2019 in February my Uconnect was working great I could start open my Jeep with my iPhone then in the Summer when I got my LED light conversion it stopped working I’ve been on the phone with Guardian they did all the troubleshooting they asked me to push the SOS button behind the rearview mirror big mistake this thing would not stop ringing for a hour even after parked and locked my Jeep I could see from outside my Jeep the screen was still lit I had to disconnect the negative on my battery for five minutes to make it stop bottom line it doesn’t work anymore. What did it I believe is the hyper flash I’m getting from my front led signal lights yes I took it to the dealer they can’t stop the hyper flash and they tell me they don’t find anything wrong with my telematic system.
Note you will get your mileage and tire pressure that’s a completely different system . The remote feature works on a different system

Cookiedawg

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I had the same issue where they told me to hit the sos and it would not stop calling. Was at the dealer at the time and the only way they got it to stop was disconnect the battery. Works know but it kept redialing for over 2 hours when it started. Dealer had no idea why it did this.

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
Two questions. So uconnect will allow remote start? That’s awesome.

Second question and this might seem a little stupid. What if you have a manual transmission. I know obviously if you leave it in gear no you can’t start. But what if you’re parked flat with the emergency brake and leave it in neutral? Will it start?

I know you are supposed to put it in gear (though back in the 90s when I had my manual we never did. I’m just curious if it will start.
Sponsored