Guardian Sirius Xm renewal

Vihoula

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara JLU
Occupation
Nursing
Does everyone renew after their free year of Guardian XM? I’d be happy with just the remote start but looks like I have to buy the whole package?

FFA652FE-99DF-48D6-A806-A5736F04D03D.png
Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Does everyone renew after their free year of Guardian XM? I’d be happy with just the remote start but looks like I have to buy the whole package?

FFA652FE-99DF-48D6-A806-A5736F04D03D.png
V, it’s not up to me to spend your money but I personally will renew when the time comes just simply for the anti theft “Lo-Jack” coverage you get. Don’t forget these Jeeps are a big investment.

ekohn00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
I'd like it for road side assistance....just in case for the wife, but for that cost she's getting AAA

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I’m not going to renew. It freaks me out that my Jeep emails me an alert every time I air down on a trail, telling me the exact miles on the odometer, air pressure on each tire and how much oil life I’ve got,

Besides, $34/month is not cheap.

Sponsored

Mad Hatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2011 MDX Advance
I renewed XM Radio, which is different from the SiriusXM Guardian service. I did not renew Guardian after 12 months, as the price was high vs. the services provided. I have a manual transmission, so I don't have Remote Start. I have a cell phone (like most people), so I don't need the Emergency Call feature. Remote Locking/Unlocking works with the key fob, up to a limited distance, of course. So I was spending a lot of money for being beeped if somebody sets off my alarm or tracking if somebody takes my Jeep. I do carry auto insurance.

Your price seems way high. My Inbox was filled with renewal offers with siren songs of "Packages start at $12.99/mo!" and

upload_2019-12-13_8-1-8.png

$34.00 per month is a lot for this service in my mind, if that is the current full-package price. If you want the service, wait until they make offers.

YMMV

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
My wife’s Acura the remote start is great. This one it take 5mins for a command to get sent and even then it fails about 70% of the time.

if it’s stolen agree with previous that I have insurance. I get roadside from my insurance.

As for satellite radio. Podcasts, pandora, amazon music, etc have made that a dead platform.

Sponsored

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
My Lexus came with a similar service and this is the issues I had with it:

My car was stolen from driveway. I called the police report the car stolen and informed them I have a LowJack type of service. They told me a police officer will be out shortly to file the report. I called lexus to initiate the tracking and to provide location for my car. They told me that until an official police report has been filed they can and will do nothing even at the request of the owner. It took the officer over 3 hours until they showed up at my door step to take the report. In that time the thieves went to walmart racked up charges on my credit card did some more shopping at various stores and then stripped everything out of it and in it. (Yes I know my dumb ass fault for leaving my wallet in my car). By the time they called me to recover my car it was close to 7pm. I called it in right around 11am.

In no way shape of form will I ever purchase or spend that kind of money on that type of service again. Sure my vehicle was recovered..however it was 7hrs later giving the thieves more than enough time to strip and get away. My insurance company was fantastic and they reimbursed me for everything that was stolen. I would much rather spend money on a good insurance plan that will reimburse me for something like that.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Many, many, many threads/posts on this.

You must call to a get a much lower rate than you've posted here.

So, to answer your question, yes, most of renew but at much lower rates.

I asked for another 3-4 month free extension and it was granted.

Snayte

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hella Yella, 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn
Many, many, many threads/posts on this.

You must call to a get a much lower rate than you've posted here.

So, to answer your question, yes, most of renew but at much lower rates.

I asked for another 3-4 month free extension and it was granted.
Call to get a lower rate, just another reason I will not renew. One of the reason I do not renew SXM. That and it sucks.

I would like to see some real statistics on how many people actually renew.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
As for satellite radio. Podcasts, pandora, amazon music, etc have made that a dead platform.
Yeah, same here. After listening to Pandora I couldn't go back to Sirius.

Pandora's customer service is non-existent, but that's still better than Sirius's infamous crappy customer service.

And once you get used to the variety of music on Pandora, to the ability to pause, replay, fast forward and search, and to the superior quality of the sound, all for a fraction of the cost, Satellite radio's days are numbered.

DWS44

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toy Box: 2022 JLUR 392 + '17 C7 GS & '21 C8 Vettes
Occupation
CAD/IT Manager (Civil/Airport Design)
Yeah, same here. After listening to Pandora I couldn't go back to Sirius.

Pandora's customer service is non-existent, but that's still better than Sirius's infamous crappy customer service.
Funny thing is...SiriusXM owns Pandora now. Merger happened earlier this year.

As for the original topic...I did not renew my Guardian. Nice system and I would like to have kept the remote lock/unlock, but not worth ~$30/mo to me. Interestingly, mine auto-renewed late last month for only like $28/month...less than what has been posted in this thread. I kept getting daily emails about it renewing "by the date shown below", yet the emails never actually listed a date. I was out of town and planned to cancel when I got back...then it renewed before I did. Called to cancel and was stuck with the one month I did get charged for.
Sponsored