Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Driving home today the radio 8.4 Uconnect went from normal to Loud Static sound with music hard to hear. I read someone had this happen. Sirius XM did Refresh signal but I switched over to the FM and same sound. I think it has something to do with the Active Noise Canceling system. I have the Alpine System. Any thoughts ?
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Driving home today the radio 8.4 Uconnect went from normal to Loud Static sound with music hard to hear. I read someone had this happen. Sirius XM did Refresh signal but I switched over to the FM and same sound. I think it has something to do with the Active Noise Canceling system. I have the Alpine System. Any thoughts ?
Which engine do you have? Only the 2.0T with 8.4 and Alpine has the ANC. The 3.6 does not.

OP
OP
NewJLU2019

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
2.0 Turbo and Alpine with ANC

OP
OP
NewJLU2019

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
2.0 Turbo and Alpine with ANC
Also found out ANC want effect Radio. Its has the 4 Microphones only. I was looking for the Soft Reset of Uconnect Radio I found out how to do soft reset. Waiting to see what happens overnight. Read someone had same issue and it was back to normal next day.

OP
OP
NewJLU2019

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Well just like the person I read about in another Thread my Uconnect Radio 8.4 Alpine system came on this morning normally. The loud Static noise over riding music stopped. Sirius XM sent Refresh signal and did Power reset yesterday but didn't help. They had me put FM station on and it was same way so it was the Uconnect system. I was going to do the Soft Reset of Radio if didn't come on today. Some Glitch I would think. Going to call Uconnect today and ask if this is known issue.

Sponsored

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Which engine do you have? Only the 2.0T with 8.4 and Alpine has the ANC. The 3.6 does not.
Wait is this true? I've heard I had ANC before the 2.0t was even for sale.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Wait is this true? I've heard I had ANC before the 2.0t was even for sale.
I am pretty sure it's only on 2.0T engine with the 8.4" and Alpine. I got confirmation from Jeep Cares a while back. Check your window sticker. I have a 2.0T with 8.4" and Alpine. ANC is listed on my window sticker.

Loose7580

First Name
Lonnie/Candace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Well just like the person I read about in another Thread my Uconnect Radio 8.4 Alpine system came on this morning normally. The loud Static noise over riding music stopped. Sirius XM sent Refresh signal and did Power reset yesterday but didn't help. They had me put FM station on and it was same way so it was the Uconnect system. I was going to do the Soft Reset of Radio if didn't come on today. Some Glitch I would think. Going to call Uconnect today and ask if this is known issue.
So the static noise did stop?

OP
OP
NewJLU2019

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
So the static noise did stop?
Yes just like the Person I read on another Jeep Thread said. His came back on fine overnight. Mine came back on fine overnight and has not happened again.

Yes, I have the 2.0 Turbo 8.4 Uconnect with Alpine system and ANC. My Window Sticker list my ANC and windshield has Acoustic written on the left corner.

Loose7580

First Name
Lonnie/Candace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Yes just like the Person I read on another Jeep Thread said. His came back on fine overnight. Mine came back on fine overnight and has not happened again.

Yes, I have the 2.0 Turbo 8.4 Uconnect with Alpine system and ANC. My Window Sticker list my ANC and windshield has Acoustic written on the left corner.
Mine did too overnight.

Sponsored

Jolly’s Jp

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR on 37s
If you find out please let me know
I think this is the same thing that I had. I pulled the fuse for the radio and reinstalled. It had to go back through a boot up but everything worked fine afterwards.

If I remember, I think it was fuse 97

Kevin
Sponsored