Sponsored

PAC AmpPRO and 8.4" Stock Alpine System

Grendel602

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
I have the 8.4" Alpine factory amplified system on my '19 JLU Rubicon. I purchased the PAC AmpPRO AP4-CH41 thinking I could connect it to my factory amplified system and just run RCA's from this module to my aftermarket JL HD900/5 and run new speaker wire to my new front components (front channels bridged) and subwoofer (I do not want sound coming out of sound bar or the stock sub). I have no need to power the stock sub or sound bar.

So the question is...do I need this additional module/harness? I don't think that I do.
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_541APHCH01/PAC-APH-CH01-AmpPro-Harness.html

Full system is the following as of now:

PAC AmpPRO AP4-CH41
JL HD900/5 (bridging front channels)
Metra 6.5" Speaker Pods for front
Hertz Mille MPK 163.3 PRO 6-1/2" Component System
JL 10W6V3 for the sub
Disconnect sound bar and stock sub
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mattk11

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Rubicon
Only if you plan/can go digital from the Ampro to the JL amp. I don’t think your JL model has the digital input, so all you will need are RCA cables.

Anu2g

First Name
Anu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Manual Magnuson JLR, '16 Manual Cayman GT4
I have the 8.4" Alpine factory amplified system on my '19 JLU Rubicon. I purchased the PAC AmpPRO AP4-CH41 thinking I could connect it to my factory amplified system and just run RCA's from this module to my aftermarket JL HD900/5 and run new speaker wire to my new front components (front channels bridged) and subwoofer (I do not want sound coming out of sound bar or the stock sub). I have no need to power the stock sub or sound bar.

So the question is...do I need this additional module/harness? I don't think that I do.

PAC AmpPRO AP4-CH41
JL 10W6V3 for the sub
Did you have any luck with this install? I live nearby (in DC) and have a JLR coming in soon with base stereo. Looking at the same 3-way Hertz speaker setup that you have (rest of the system will look a little different).

Curious to hear how the mids fit into the dash, and how the woofers fit into the Metra kick panels. If you're mid-install, I'd be glad to help out if you need a hand.

Thanks in advance!

Scarabmike

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the Ampro on my 8.4, and it works and sounds awesome. The only issue Im having with the setup is that the Ampro, just like the Singer Heigh10 doesnt like the TaserJL, and its causing the sound coming from the radio to quit while keeping the chimes and bluetooth phone calls working.

It rattled my head for a while, and I had to use the Taser to reboot the system to get it to work again.

NOTE***** You dont need any additional components to get the Ampro to work. If you have a non amplified stock system, it even brings a harness to send your aftermarket amp's signal through the stock wiring. Its an awesome product.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology

PAC AmpPRO AP4-CH41
JL 10W6V3 for the sub
That added harness is to use an aftermarket amp plugging into the factory speaker wiring. Not needed - I bought one with my PAC and it's sitting in my garage.

What you might want is the digital out module for the PAC as the JL amp has a digital input and it is certainly the best way to hook them up instead of RCA's. No noise, no ground loops, and just one fibre optic to run.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_541APATOS1/PAC-APA-TOS1.html?tp=6348

lhigham

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Hybrid
Hello all,

I have a JL with the alpine system. I've bought the PAC amppro with the idea of inserting it in line between the HU and the alpine amp to gain control over the amp (swapping out the speakers in the front and soundbar, leaving the sub in place).

At the moment I've pulled out the factory radio, put the pac in line attaching only the large block connectors of the supplied cable. I'm confused about what to do with the 'Use in factory amplifier applications' smaller connectors on that harness as there's nothing to plug it in to.

Any advice on if I need to do anything else at this point would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Lars
Sponsored