Sponsored

Tuffy Security Deck Install

BlairF

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS-S Mojito! - 2014 Challenger RT Classic (SuperCharged) - 2016 Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Technology Incident Management
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully this makes sense, this is my first attempt at a writeup, and was borne out of my failure the first time around.

I won't go through the initial assembly, Prop rod can go on either side panel. Wing nuts go on the inside. L brackets face the inside.

You will have left side:
fullsizeoutput_36dd.jpeg

Right Side:
fullsizeoutput_36e1.jpeg

Front (goes against the back seats):
fullsizeoutput_36d3.jpeg

Lid:
fullsizeoutput_36cb.jpeg

Before you go any further, If you have the "weatherstrip" on the lid between the two casters, take it off, the lid will be almost impossible to install with it on. :
fullsizeoutput_36c4.jpeg

Now for your remaining assembly parts:
fullsizeoutput_36c2.jpeg

Next, open your tailgate, and remove the middle cargo strap covers with a panel tool or flat head screwdriver:
fullsizeoutput_36cd.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_36c9.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_36d1.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_36bc.jpeg

Now remove the screw with a T40 torx. you can use the one supplied in your jeep toolkit.
fullsizeoutput_36c7.jpeg

You can store the cargo attachments, but you will reuse the screws.

These will be your body mount locations:

fullsizeoutput_36cf.jpeg

Next install each side, and hand tighten the torx screws to hold the sides in place.
fullsizeoutput_369a.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_36af.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_36e7.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_36e5.jpeg

Now put the "front" on, and use the 4 remaining screws to attach it.
fullsizeoutput_36ab.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_369c.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_36df.jpeg

Tighten the wingnuts on these 4.

fullsizeoutput_3697.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_368f.jpeg

Now you are ready for the lid.

fullsizeoutput_3693.jpeg

Place the lid just beyond the "front" of the box slightly tilted up so the casters enter the grooves, then pull toward the rear of the jeep, and set the rear casters in groove, press down, and then forward to lock the top into place.

fullsizeoutput_368d.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_367d.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_3668.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_366f.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_366b.jpeg

And that is all. in the end, a REALLY easy install, but bad instructions and a weatherstrip that doesn't belong during install. If you have suggestions on how i can improve this, or have any questions, let me know.

fullsizeoutput_36a9.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_36a4.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3678.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3681.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3672.jpeg
Sponsored

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully this makes sense, this is my first attempt at a writeup, and was borne out of my failure the first time around.

I won't go through the initial assembly, Prop rod can go on either side panel. Wing nuts go on the inside. L brackets face the inside.

You will have left side:
fullsizeoutput_36dd.jpeg

Right Side:
fullsizeoutput_36e1.jpeg

Front (goes against the back seats):
fullsizeoutput_36d3.jpeg

Lid:
fullsizeoutput_36cb.jpeg

Before you go any further, If you have the "weatherstrip" on the lid between the two casters, take it off, the lid will be almost impossible to install with it on. :
fullsizeoutput_36c4.jpeg

Now for your remaining assembly parts:
fullsizeoutput_36c2.jpeg

Next, open your tailgate, and remove the middle cargo strap covers with a panel tool or flat head screwdriver:

Now remove the screw with a T40 torx. you can use the one supplied in your jeep toolkit.

You can store the cargo attachments, but you will reuse the screws.

These will be your body mount locations:

Next install each side, and hand tighten the torx screws to hold the sides in place.
Now put the "front" on, and use the 4 remaining screws to attach it.
Tighten the wingnuts on these 4.

Now you are ready for the lid.

Place the lid just beyond the "front" of the box slightly tilted up so the casters enter the grooves, then pull toward the rear of the jeep, and set the rear casters in groove, press down, and then forward to lock the top into place.

And that is all. in the end, a REALLY easy install, but bad instructions and a weatherstrip that doesn't belong during install. If you have suggestions on how i can improve this, or have any questions, let me know.
That's LEGITTTT!!! Great instructions B-Dawg! :rock:

OP
OP
BlairF

BlairF

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS-S Mojito! - 2014 Challenger RT Classic (SuperCharged) - 2016 Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Technology Incident Management
Vehicle Showcase
Nice job... how easy is it to take the lid off?
Honestly, could probably uninstall the whole thing in 15 minutes if i had to, Taking the top off wouldn't be hard at all.

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
That's good to know. I have been trying to figure out the best solution for some security/keeping stuff from blowing out the back and ease of at least removing the top in case I need to evacuate and get my dogs kennel in the back. I live in a wildfire area in cali and had to evac last year. not fun and not always a lot of notice.

Sponsored

Jon610

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUD Rubicon
Nice job! I am also interested in one of these, what is the clearance with it closed? Wondering if a yeti 65 would fit under there. Thanks

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
Wondering.. can you still fold the rear seats down?
Yes. There is no contact with the rear seats. Also enough room in between for a small shovel, umbrella, etc...
Sponsored