Tread Lightly discount

Circlep

First Name
DeWayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport 04Chevy 2500HD/ duramax, Yamaha Royal Star Venture
I used the Affiliate rewards program from the company I work for. I contacted Affiliate and asked how I would know I was getting the right price and they said ask for dealer invoice and there is a PP with the the correct amount beside it. This is the preferred pricing and the $75 is already in this price. Save me $1050 on my sport.
Sponsored

Whesea

First Name
Dina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I personally saved close to $5,000 using Tread Lightly. The dealerships in Hawaii do not deal much at all... they don't need to, where else are you going to? On top of MSRP they tack on another average $2500 for their "cost of doing business in Hawaii" blah blah blah, basically just more profit.

So yes, the Tread Lightly discount only amounted to about $396 for me, but got my price before taxes starting at $39,500 (1% below invoice) instead of the $44,500 jacked up window sticker price they would have tried to sell the Jeep to me at (MSRP was $42,000).

The difference between the Invoice and MSRP price for me was already $2,500 and I was shielded from the ridiculous dealership markups bringing my savings to $5,000. Plus I didn't have to waste time negotiating, or trying to and getting probably only down to MSRP.

Not bad for a $100 donation to a good non profit organization!

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
How many vehicles is Tread Lightly good for during the 1 year membership?

Skubaa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Sahara
How many vehicles is Tread Lightly good for during the 1 year membership?
It used to be two. But it should state in either the membership packet you get or on their website. And you can negotiate on top of the 1%.

Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Looks like I'll pick up a new Ram Longhorn while waiting on my JL to finally show up lol.

It already has like 13k in rebates. So the Tread Lightly will be a nice bonus.

gcamo0012

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler MOAB Sting Gray
My JL was built (ordered 4/22) and will be delivered in just under 3 weeks (Tomorrow or Saturday), I signed up for TL on 4/20, so 30 days will 5/20.

Are there any dealers on here that know how I would be able to take delivery this weekend and have it be processed on 5/20? The dealer is a little bit of a drive, and I don't think I'll be able to pick it up until Saturday the 25th, if I'm unable to take it before the 20th.

DadWagon

First Name
Matthew Couling
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
I personally saved close to $5,000 using Tread Lightly. The dealerships in Hawaii do not deal much at all... they don't need to, where else are you going to? On top of MSRP they tack on another average $2500 for their "cost of doing business in Hawaii" blah blah blah, basically just more profit.

So yes, the Tread Lightly discount only amounted to about $396 for me, but got my price before taxes starting at $39,500 (1% below invoice) instead of the $44,500 jacked up window sticker price they would have tried to sell the Jeep to me at (MSRP was $42,000).

The difference between the Invoice and MSRP price for me was already $2,500 and I was shielded from the ridiculous dealership markups bringing my savings to $5,000. Plus I didn't have to waste time negotiating, or trying to and getting probably only down to MSRP.

Not bad for a $100 donation to a good non profit organization!
I'll be in Hawaii in a couple months, having my JLUR bought through Criswell but courtesy delivered through Cutter. Courtesy delivery is gonna cost me $1000 but I'm getting 8% off invoice with the tread lightly from Criswell plus the military cash so that makes the courtesy delivery a minor issue.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
My JL was built (ordered 4/22) and will be delivered in just under 3 weeks (Tomorrow or Saturday), I signed up for TL on 4/20, so 30 days will 5/20.

Are there any dealers on here that know how I would be able to take delivery this weekend and have it be processed on 5/20? The dealer is a little bit of a drive, and I don't think I'll be able to pick it up until Saturday the 25th, if I'm unable to take it before the 20th.
They can just re-run your TL discount at the dealer if it's after that 1 month date, you've got until the end of the year to use it but the dealer has to get a new code, that's what happened w/ us back in January.

meth0d

First Name
Pierce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL MOAB
Occupation
Network Engineer

Somehow, Leon at Criswall in MD said that the TL discount could used before the 30 day mark.. i'm not sure how they work it on the backend in finance, if somehow FCA just cuts them a check for 1% later, or what... but he told me not to worry if my Jeep arrived before the 30 day mark, and that he would not hold up my delivery for it.

Not sure if anyone else has any insight into how that works?

Sponsored

gcamo0012

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler MOAB Sting Gray
Somehow, Leon at Criswall in MD said that the TL discount could used before the 30 day mark.. i'm not sure how they work it on the backend in finance, if somehow FCA just cuts them a check for 1% later, or what... but he told me not to worry if my Jeep arrived before the 30 day mark, and that he would not hold up my delivery for it.

Not sure if anyone else has any insight into how that works?
Update, dealer wont allow it, delivered and waiting till the 21st , so likely the 25th.

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
how do you get the tread lighlty discount?
I joined Tread Lightly with a $100 on-line registration on May 10, 2019. I received my membership packet in the mail today, May 20th (10 days later). As soon as you receive your packet, you go online to the FCA Affiliates program and sign up to receive your Control Number. You will need to provide the Company Code that is on your Tread Lightly Membership Letter. This is where you receive your Control Number and you will need to print it off. The 30 day delay is from the date you join Tread Lightly, NOT from the date you receive your Control Number. So, in my example, I will be able to take advantage of the Tread Lightly discount on/about June 9 or 10, 2019. Hope this helps!

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I joined Tread Lightly with a $100 on-line registration on May 10, 2019. I received my membership packet in the mail today, May 20th (10 days later). As soon as you receive your packet, you go online to the FCA Affiliates program and sign up to receive your Control Number. You will need to provide the Company Code that is on your Tread Lightly Membership Letter. This is where you receive your Control Number and you will need to print it off. The 30 day delay is from the date you join Tread Lightly, NOT from the date you receive your Control Number. So, in my example, I will be able to take advantage of the Tread Lightly discount on/about June 9 or 10, 2019. Hope this helps!
I wouldn't request the control number right away. They are time sensitive and expire. Request it once you find the jeep you want on the lot or your order arrives.

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
I wouldn't request the control number right away. They are time sensitive and expire. Request it once you find the jeep you want on the lot or your order arrives.
Hmmm... I just called the FCA Affiliate Reward Program at 888-444-4321 and asked if the Control Number I received today was time sensitive. I was told mine would expire on January 2, 2020. So it does look like there is a certain amount of time sensitivity to it (over 6 months), since it expires less than a year from now. But, I am hoping to make a deal prior to 01-02-2020.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Hmmm... I just called the FCA Affiliate Reward Program at 888-444-4321 and asked if the Control Number I received today was time sensitive. I was told mine would expire on January 2, 2020. So it does look like there is a certain amount of time sensitivity to it (over 6 months), since it expires less than a year from now. But, I am hoping to make a deal prior to 01-02-2020.
I bought a 2019 JLUR and a 2019 RAM last year. Just looked at my control numbers and it looks like they expire at the end of the calendar year. This would be why mine were only valid for a month and a month and a half. Just be careful with orders as some get help up quite some time.
Sponsored