lsp408

First Name
Li
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUS
Thanks for the info.

Another question: if dealer discount JKU for $4000 off. Can $4000 off on top of FCA discount?
Sponsored

geospyder

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Mo" 2019 Mojito 2 Door Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for the info.

Another question: if dealer discount JKU for $4000 off. Can $4000 off on top of FCA discount?
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Below is a list of frequently asked questions about the program. If you are still unable to find the answer to your question, contact Affiliate Rewards Program Headquarters at 1.888.444.4321, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. ET.

Q. How long is a Control Number valid?
A. A Control Number is valid for the entire calendar year in which it was generated. This timeframe is noted in the email you receive with your Control Number.

Q. Who else in my family is eligible for the Affiliate Rewards discount?
A. Spouses, surviving spouses and same-sex domestic partners recognized by your company’s Human Resources department.

Q. Can I generate a Control Number in my spouse’s/same-sex domestic partner’s name?
A. No. As the eligible employee, the Control Number must be generated in your name.

Q. Can I buy a car for my child through the Affiliate Rewards program?
A. The Affiliate Rewards program is only for you and your spouse/same-sex domestic partner, so one of your names must be on the vehicle title in order to receive the Affiliate Rewards Preferred Price. If your child is purchasing the vehicle, you or your spouse/same-sex domestic partner must also be listed on the title. And as the eligible employee, the Control Number must always be issued in your name.

Q. Can I put the vehicle's financing in another person’s name?
A. Yes. While you or your spouse/same-sex domestic partner must be listed on the vehicle title, we do not require financing to be in your name.

Q. How many vehicles can I and/or my spouse/same-sex domestic partner purchase/lease a year at the Affiliate Rewards Preferred Price?
A. Up to two vehicles per calendar year.

Q. Can I use my Affiliate Rewards discount to purchase a used vehicle?
A. No. You can lease or purchase any eligible new vehicle, but used vehicles are ineligible regardless of the model year.

Q. What do I need to bring with me to the dealership to receive the Affiliate Rewards Preferred Price?
A. You’ll need your Control Number and proof that you are a current or retired employee at your company, such as a current pay stub, W-2 form or company photo ID badge. For additional information, see the What to Bring to the Dealer page.

Q. Does my spouse/same-sex domestic partner need to bring additional documentation to the dealership with the Control Number?
A. Yes, they will need additional documentation showing their relationship to you in addition to proof of your employment at your company. For a list of appropriate documentation for spouses, surviving spouses and same-sex domestic partners, see the What to Bring to the Dealer page.

Q. How can I find out what vehicles are eligible for the Affiliate Rewards Preferred Price?
A. See the individual brand menus at the top of this page for a list of eligible vehicles.

Q. How can I find Affiliate Rewards Preferred Pricing for eligible vehicles?
A. The brand menus on this site provide pricing examples, though these do not show all trim models. At the dealership, you can ask to see the vehicle invoice, which will list the Preferred Price (“PP”) for that exact vehicle.

Q. How will I know I received the Affiliate Rewards Preferred Price?
A. At the time of your purchase or lease of the vehicle, the dealership will provide an Affiliate Rewards Pricing & Acknowledgement Form, which itemizes the vehicle price and any additional eligible incentives for your vehicle. The bottom of the form contains a space for your Control Number and signature. The dealership will give you a copy of the form once it is completed.

Q. Is this offer available in combination with current consumer incentives?
A. Yes. For complete details, call Affiliate Rewards Program Headquarters at 1.888.444.4321, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. ET.

Q. How do I find a participating U.S. dealership?
A. Visit the Find a Dealer page on this website to find dealers in your area. You’ll be able to see how many vehicles the dealership has sold through the Affiliate Rewards program, or you can call the dealership to ask if they participate in the program. For an additional resource, visit the Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, FIAT or Alfa Romeo website.

Q. Do all Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep® Ram and Alfa Romeo dealerships and FIAT® Studios participate in Affiliate Rewards?
A. No, but nearly all dealerships do participate. Any franchised Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram or Alfa Romeo dealership or FIAT Studio is eligible to participate if they agree to abide by the Customer Program Rules. You can see if a dealership has sold vehicles through the Affiliate Rewards program on the Find a Dealer page of the website, but it is always best to call to confirm their participation in the program.

Q. How are documentation fees calculated?
A. Most states provide guidance and regulation for the administration of dealer documentation fees, or doc fees. Generally individual state laws require, if the dealer charges doc fees, that the dealership be consistent by charging a similar amount across all sales deals, whether it’s for an Affiliate Rewards sale or a standard retail sale. If you are unsure if the doc fee you were charged is reasonable, we encourage you to contact other dealerships in your area to determine fair market value.

Q. Are there any other fees I should know about?
A. An administration fee of $75 applies to the Affiliate Rewards program. However, this fee is already included in the Preferred Price listed on the vehicle invoice.

ResponsibleAdult

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, Rubicon, Mojito
Tread Lightly doesn't look to be available for Canadians. Does anyone know of any discounts/programs that us Canucks are eligible for?

iki4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328i Sportline
If a Jeep invoice is $30,000 then the 1% off invoice would only be $300.
If a Jeep invoice is $50,000 then the 1% off invoice would only be $500.

It costs $100 to for the tread lightly membership, and then you have to wait a month. Doesnt even seem worth it to me. No wonder Jeep dealers are jumping on this and letting people order without hesitation.
I think we might be better off haggling the old fashioned way, no?

Sponsored

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee

It costs $100 to for the tread lightly membership, and then you have to wait a month. Doesnt even seem worth it to me. No wonder Jeep dealers are jumping on this and letting people order without hesitation.
Yeah but also keeps them from trying to upsale you by charging a premium because it'll be a new 2018 JL or JLU.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase

Also if there are incentives (on a brand new 2018 there probably wont be any) you get them on top of the 1% below invoice. The Tread Lightly program is awesome for those that want a fast deal and not have to pay mark ups. When I bought my JKU I negotiated $1,500 below invoice with the Tread Lightly program. The dealership I was dealing with was willing to give me a bigger discount below invoice because I had the code. You can still negotiate on top of the discount. You could always go in an negotiate a price and then once they hit the max lowest price then tell them you have the affiliate code to bring it down more.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7

You also get a t-shirt, some discounts on some other things (falken tires ($100), discount tire ($50-$100) and you are contributing to an organization that is doing good things (I think anyway). So for me, it's worth it.

iki4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328i Sportline
Also if there are incentives (on a brand new 2018 there probably wont be any) you get them on top of the 1% below invoice. The Tread Lightly program is awesome for those that want a fast deal and not have to pay mark ups. When I bought my JKU I negotiated $1,500 below invoice with the Tread Lightly program. The dealership I was dealing with was willing to give me a bigger discount below invoice because I had the code. You can still negotiate on top of the discount. You could always go in an negotiate a price and then once they hit the max lowest price then tell them you have the affiliate code to bring it down more.
thats a good idea, thanks!
bring the invoice. negotiate, then slap the 1% code on them.

jeppesen.io

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, WR250R, JLU Rubicon

100% worth it for me! I don't have to haggle - just get a stated price and buy it, easy peasy. Money saved is just a bonus.

Also, your math assumes you can get invoice price without it - not a guarantee for a new, high demand vehicle. Obviously, milage will vary on ability to haggle or local dealer competition.

Sponsored

WaltA

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon X, 2003 Mustang GT, 2003 MINI Cooper

If you calculating the vehicle price yourself, don't forget to add back in the administration fee of $75.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Would I have to give them my Tread Lightly authorization number at the time of purchase (delivery), or at the time of order?
Sponsored