pjtait

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
I was just told the following by a dealer contact:

"Unfortunately at this time we cannot use the Tread Lightly membership discount. Jeep has made it increasingly difficult to claim that incentive. It has been turned down a few times recently and this costs our dealership a great deal of money so we have had to back off from using that discount."

Has anyone else encountered this? Disturbing...
Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.

"Unfortunately at this time we cannot use the Tread Lightly membership discount. Jeep has made it increasingly difficult to claim that incentive. It has been turned down a few times recently and this costs our dealership a great deal of money so we have had to back off from using that discount."

I previously used mine to buy a 2016 Rubicon and, even then, not every dealer participated. Try using your Costco membership. The discount is slightly better than Tread Lightly.

azbobver

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon EcoDiesel
Occupation
Permanent Vacation
I used the Tread Lightly discount in early June to purchase my 2021 Rubicon Eco Diesel - the only one the dealer had and it had just been put in their inventory the day we purchased it.

OP
OP

pjtait

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
I used the Tread Lightly discount in early June to purchase my 2021 Rubicon Eco Diesel - the only one the dealer had and it had just been put in their inventory the day we purchased it.
Maybe the problem I reported only applies for factory orders.

AUeng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

My dealer actually recommended that I join Tread Lightly for the affiliate rewards without me even asking about it. I found out that my employer is an affiliate, so I'm going that route instead.

ETA: I did a custom order, not buying something already on the lot.

Sponsored

PocketsEmptied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 JKUR, '21 JLUR
I'm skeptical about your dealer's claims. There shouldn't be any issues claiming it as long as it's been 30 days since joining Tread Lightly or by using a company affiliate. It rebates the dealership 2% of the invoice price from Jeep, the higher volume dealers are usually willing to split that with you. That being said they don't have to honor it, but sounds like they are fibbing as to the reason why.

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
This sounds fishy. Dealers don't have to honor tread lightly (one of those "at participating dealers" deals) and it could be they are just not wanting to deal with it.

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
LOL, Jeep isn't making it hard to use Tread Lightly. It is your dealer that doesn't want to sell the car for invoice to get the 1% that jeep gives them.

Last edited:
First Name
Chels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 jeep patriot sport 2021jeep wrangler rubicon
I ordered last week and am using the tread lightly discount. Given, I did have to search for a dealer who would take it (much further away)

FloridaLarry

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi 4xe
Occupation
IT Manager
Most wont take it for a wranger. I ordered from a dealer 300 miles away who did.
Sponsored