TransAmerica Trail

5adventurers

First Name
Shelton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 Toyota 4Runner, 1991 Toyota Pickup
It's the ultimate dream!!! My question is how long would one expect for it to take. I've seen videos and read some articles and the best recommendation I saw before; bring a chainsaw and expect to use it. Obviously it can turn the whole trip off, and there is no road maintenance crew will be on the way soon. I'll be watching this thread for any experienced insight.

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I've done the NC, TN, MS and AR sections on motorcycles. Nothing a Jeep can't do on those sections. Out of those, NC was the best with some good parts in East TN and in the vcd Ozarks in AR. Central and West TN is boring. MS is boring and muddy.

I hear OK is boring and can be muddy. The re as l goidcstuff starts west of OK.

Check out the Back Country Discovery Routes at RideBDR.com for more similar type routes.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75th Anniversary (2016) WK2 Trail Rated Laredo in Recon Green
Occupation
Retired Navy (2004) Now, Loafer & Fly Fisher
Wondering if anyone here has done part of this, https://www.transamtrail.com/
in a Jeep? Any advice? Any equipment you wish you had that you didn’t?
From what I've seen on YouTuber's Vlog-journals the portion East of the Mississippi is boring, can be tediously frustrating and generally not all that exciting . . . according to them. I have NO personal reference other than what I see and it does appear to not be something I'd put on MY travel plans ! A couple Michigan dudes have a website and did Most of the Trail From East Coast to West coast back in 2018 - I can't recall their "name" - but a google search of ?? 2018 Trans America Wrangler journey ?? Also, Mark Doiron has a Wrangler JKU and now a new Gladiator he is prepping for this very trip come Spring - he will be VLOGing it as he has ALL his trips for the past 9years . . . you should YouTube/google him too for many other trip ideas . He is also a new member over at the Gladiator Forum .

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
From what I've seen on YouTuber's Vlog-journals the portion East of the Mississippi is boring, can be tediously frustrating and generally not all that exciting . . . according to them. I have NO personal reference other than what I see and it does appear to not be something I'd put on MY travel plans ! A couple Michigan dudes have a website and did Most of the Trail From East Coast to West coast back in 2018 - I can't recall their "name" - but a google search of ?? 2018 Trans America Wrangler journey ?? Also, Mark Doiron has a Wrangler JKU and now a new Gladiator he is prepping for this very trip come Spring - he will be VLOGing it as he has ALL his trips for the past 9years . . . you should YouTube/google him too for many other trip ideas . He is also a new member over at the Gladiator Forum .
This is good to know. I did some very BASIC research on this trail and concluded that it was really a motorcycle route. I will be thrilled to see if it can be passable for something like a Gladiator.

Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75th Anniversary (2016) WK2 Trail Rated Laredo in Recon Green
Occupation
Retired Navy (2004) Now, Loafer & Fly Fisher
This is good to know. I did some very BASIC research on this trail and concluded that it was really a motorcycle route. I will be thrilled to see if it can be passable for something like a Gladiator.
Well being your in Houston . . . not far from where the FUN begins on the trail . North into OK then West into N. New Mexico/S. CO. and all the way to the Coast, if your able to find the time . . . seems to be a ton of Cool Scenery and places to do Dispersed Camping ! It's certainly on my "Bucket List," if I can drag myself away from my Fly Fishing Addiction, ha !

00Sebby

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ex-auto quality engr & mgt. Now just enjoy life.
A few years ago a guy on the t4r.org forum did the whole trail in his 4Runner in about 30 days if I remember correctly. He updated at several points along the way. His experience was interesting enough to read about that I took my 4Runner and did the North Carolina/East Tennessee part.

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
A YouTube channel called tailspintv did it, he took as many dirt trails as he could and camped out.
Sponsored