Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
My comments below in red

I was going to get it...but then I realized that

1. It didn't come with the 'fence' attachment so in total you're gonna be spending >$300 on it.

2. There are already nice tie downs in the trunk and do I really need to adjust those by a few inches?

3. It interferes with the tailgate table —it does not; I have the table. In fact, it saves you from having to drill to install the table

4. it makes it so you cant put a full size mat in. Looks bad with just a small mat in the middle. —doesn’t look bad one bit. Actually, the aluminum rails and chrome, solid metal tie downs look and feel well-finished and very high-end
Sponsored

Jeepney Johnny

First Name
Rico!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
No regrets, but I did find, when I wanted a more secure trunk enclosure, some of those setups interfere a bit with the floor TRMS. So, if you're looking to add an EZTrunk, you'll lose some flexibility with the TRMS (if you don't modify the installation).

I'm currently bolting a lockable Plano box to the TRMS, when I want to secure something that doesn't fit in the center console or glovebox. But it still looks a little too inviting to opportunistic thieves, because it doesn't look bolted in, just looks like a pad-locked box sitting there waiting to be thieved.

So, I ordered a SquadBox. It doesn't look like it blocks any part of the TRMS, especially at the front of the rails, where you drop things in, so it remains easy to swap in-and-out things like the telescoping rail, D-rings, or a bike rack floor track.

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
No regrets, but I did find, when I wanted a more secure trunk enclosure, some of those setups interfere a bit with the floor TRMS. So, if you're looking to add an EZTrunk, you'll lose some flexibility with the TRMS (if you don't modify the installation).

I'm currently bolting a lockable Plano box to the TRMS, when I want to secure something that doesn't fit in the center console or glovebox. But it still looks a little too inviting to opportunistic thieves, because it doesn't look bolted in, just looks like a pad-locked box sitting there waiting to be thieved.

So, I ordered a SquadBox. It doesn't look like it blocks any part of the TRMS, especially at the front of the rails, where you drop things in, so it remains easy to swap in-and-out things like the telescoping rail, D-rings, or a bike rack floor track.

Wow, that Squadbox looks great. You should post a new topic about it when you get it and install.

Do they explicitly say that it fits the Trail Rails? Seems like at least one attachment point it keyed to a regular D-ring.

Sponsored

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
Mine came from the factory. I don’t really use it. But it made installing the Mopar tailgate table slightly easier because it mounts on the tailgate track.

When you order it from the factory, you get the base system consisting of two tracks built into the cargo floor, one track built into the tailgate, and eight adjustable hoops.

Everything looks and feels very well made of high-quality materials.
1617845542392.jpeg

1617845618410.jpeg

You can the add some accessories from the Mopar catalog that mount onto the base system.
Do you have a picture of it. I was curious how the tables fit with the rail system. Would love to add it to my 392

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have a picture of it. I was curious how the tables fit with the rail system. Would love to add it to my 392
Here is a stock photo of the tailgate table mounted on the trail rail system
Jeep Wrangler JL Trail Rail System - any regrets? 1644788408664
Sponsored