Track Bar Upside Down From Factory?

Kevin32199

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler 2 Door
I copied this from my axle replacement post to reach a wider audience. The last chapter (hopefully) of the dealer's axle replacement: I was under the rear of my Wrangler surveying the suspension for a 2.5" lift I'm considering, when I noticed the rear track bar was installed upside down, with the relief bend for the exhaust firmly against the pipe. I called the dealer and was asked by the service manager to bring it right away if possible. The service manager raised it on their drive-on hoist and assessed it along with 2 technicians. At first they thought I had backed into something that bent the exhaust against the track bar, but dispelled that theory. I compared the track bar arrangement to another Wrangler and reported to them that the bar was definitely installed upside down. They finally agreed. I waited about 30 minutes for them to correct the track bar installation. Upon checking out, I noted the paperwork read that the bar was upside down, but there was no recall for this situation yet. While driving away, I noted that the Jeep has never driven so smoothly since I bought it new. I am wondering now if the trainee technician put the bar back on the way it came off, not paying attention to the obvious relief bent in the track bar to clear the exhaust. I am also wondering if with all the noise complaints out there, if anyone reading this who has rear axle noise issues will check and report back if their track bar is correctly installed or not. You know you want to...you will. LOL.
Sponsored