Track bar question...

Huskywrangler

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I did the mopar lift and my wheels have shifted to the driver side. I'm looking at doing an adjustable track bar. My question is do I need to do both front and rear? Or just front?
Sponsored

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Should you? Yes. Do you have to.......not really, you can "get by" without them with shorter lifts. But your axles won't be centered and my opinion is the factory front track bar isn't strong enough to counteract the forces placed on it by a lift and bigger tires.

There's plenty of quality aftermarket track bars so you can re-center the front axle. In the rear you can either go with a rear track bar relocation bracket for a 2" lift or an adjustable track bar. I run an adjustable RK track bar in front and use their relocation bracket in the rear. My rear isn't perfectly centered, but it's very close and that's good enough for me.....for now.

I wouldn't skimp when it comes to track bars, especially the front. It locates your axle laterally and can be the source for wobbles, shimmy, and the death wobble.

Jerrybizzle

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Tech
Front should shift one way and the rear the other. I have the mopar lift and did front adjustable and rear bracket and I’m happy with it. If/when you do the front your steering wheel will be off center but it’s very easy to correct if you haven’t done it yet with any other suspension work.

OP
OP
Huskywrangler

Huskywrangler

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Front should shift one way and the rear the other. I have the mopar lift and did front adjustable and rear bracket and I’m happy with it. If/when you do the front your steering wheel will be off center but it’s very easy to correct if you haven’t done it yet with any other suspension work.
What front bar did you use? I did the mopar lift and mine has definitely shifted. Havent done an alignment or straightened the steering wheel yet because I didnt have a track bar ordered when the lift was done. So for now its sitting until I get them ordered.

Jerrybizzle

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Tech
What front bar did you use? I did the mopar lift and mine has definitely shifted. Havent done an alignment or straightened the steering wheel yet because I didnt have a track bar ordered when the lift was done. So for now its sitting until I get them ordered.
The steering wheel takes about 5 minutes to straighten out. 15mm wrench or ratchet. I’d recommend doing that quick fix. Here’s a video.

There are a ton to choose from but I went with rough country front adjustable for ($150) and superlift rear track bar bracket ($50)

Sponsored

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Don't need to wait for a new track bar to do your alignment and centering of steering wheel. The new track bar should have no affect on your toe and caster settings.

Frezski

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2013 F250, 2016 Accord, 2016 Yami R1M
Occupation
Slave to the Trade
Vehicle Showcase
I chose Synergy, however they are local to me and easy to pick up over waiting on the shipping. Easy to adjust. A lot of guys have used steer smarts as well, and they seem to be pretty stout. I am sure others can chime in. But those two brands were the ones I was debating on.
Sponsored