TPMS ?

Billly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Wrangler Rubicon
I have a 20 JLUR build date 6/20. I'm buying wheels and tires from another member (315/70/75) from a 2021 JLUR XR built after 6/5/21.
From what I understand, the factory switched from Schrader to Continental on the TPMS.
I know I'll need to get a Tazer JL Mini to program the new tire size.
Will I also need to buy another set of the Schraders if I want to keep my old wheels intact?

Thanks
Billly
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Billly

If all you want to do is program for tire size, go with JSCAN. Forum search using the word JSCAN.

Your understanding is correct in regard to your JL needing a different TPMS then are on the pulloffs you are buying.

Your 20 JL.... you will need to buy different TPMS's. Consider buying them at https://wwwtpmsbargains.com. That TPMS vendor has fresh, non counterfeit stock. You would go there and shop Schrader 29093 TPMS .

You have the new TPMS's placed in the wheels with tires.... Have balanced if needed and then install the wheels.

Set psi on each wheel to the recommended #psi on the driver's side plaque.... You drive a mile+- and the TPMS's will automatically be seen by your JL.

Last edited:

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
@Billy

If all you want to do is program for tire size, go with JSCAN. Forum search using the word JSCAN.

Your understanding is correct in regard to your JL needing a different TPMS then are on the pulloffs you are buying.

Your 20 JL.... you will need to buy different TPMS's. Consider buying them at https://wwwtpmsbargains.com. That TPMS vendor has fresh, non counterfeit stock. You would go there and shop Schrader 29093 TPMS .

You have the new TPMS's placed in the wheels with tires.... Have balanced if needed and then install the wheels.

Set psi on each wheel to the recommended #psi on the driver's side plaque.... You drive a mile+- and the TPMS's will automatically be seen by your JL.
Ha! Wrong Billy! :bandit: