Tpms issue

My place bar

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 shara
Has anyone had one tpms fail to reset. Been to dealer twice and they have not been able to get it done either
Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
They can. Do these things and try this.

1. Remove the spare and leave it in the garage.
2. Go to the tire not reading and lower PSI about 15lbs.
3. Go drive it literally about 100 yds and come back.
4. Fill all tires to the exact +/- 1-2psi to the door placard.
5. Go drive again and see if that works.

You are trying to "wake up" the TPMS that is not reading. If that does not work go to a reputable wheel/tire place and have them scan it to see if it is reading.

Are your ties stock? Assume they are since you are going to the dealer. Lifted?

OP
OP

My place bar

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 shara
Tried that one already. It is lifted with 20 in wheels and 35 tires has the Mopar sensors according to dealer and the best tire place around all Tried scanning and the tires are registering just will not work

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Weird only one won't. We saw in the 18's that there is an issue with many of them not having a strong enough single to read on every rotation so the light stays on however all the pressures read no problem on the cluster. That is all of them though.

Try rotating the tires, front to back and see if that sensor moves to that location. Meaning if it is front right that is not reading then swap with right rear and see if the error moves with it. If it does then possibly you have a bad sensor but if these are the OE sensors that came with the Jeep and your Jeep is a 19 then that is highly unlikely.

Are they the OE sensors that came with the Jeep or were these bought aftermarket?

OP
OP

My place bar

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 shara
Thanks for helping. It started on the left rear then after the dealership was done it went to the right front that doesn't register now it's driving me crazy

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for helping. It started on the left rear then after the dealership was done it went to the right front that doesn't register now it's driving me crazy
Since they are aftermarket wheels I am going to go out on a limb and say they are probably not OE TPMS and something else. Probably TPMS issues.
Sponsored