TPMS reset ?

boilerman

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon
picked up my JLUR on friday. i noticed the tires were at 40 psi on the way home. i lowered them to 37 now i notice that 2 F&R diver side were at 39 so i rechecked and they were 37? so i checked the passenger side and they were at 39?? the TPMS is showing that left and right side pressures are reversed. i was under the impression once you rotated the tires the TPMS would relearn the location. so why is mine not doing that? is there a relearning procedure or do i need to go to the dealer?
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@boilerman

How does the JL/JLU know which tire/rim/wheel is where .....

There are 3 sensors on the chassis that monitor the 4 TPMS Sensors found on the 4 tire (rim) positions.

Info from the 3 chassis sensors is transmitted to the Wireless Control Module. There is no need for a 4th chassis sensor as the computer uses the process of elimination to determine the fourth tire location.

Yes, your JLU/JL knows exactly which rim is where, within seconds of a tire rotation for example.

There is a TPMS sensor in the factory mounted spare but it is not read by a chassis sensor/ considered by the computer until it is placed in one of the 4 tire positions.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@boilerman

I'm not sure what the heck you are doing.. but..

In the morning, go out and inflate each tire to the psi you desire. You check that psi with a decent tire pressure gauge. You do not inflate and deflate and check your evic (dash) readout in regard to the tire pressure as you are adjusting your tire pressures.

Again do your tire pressure adjustment in the morning before you drive. Check with a tire pressure gauge.

NOW, you can monitor your tire pressures with the evic (dash) display. You may see the psi's off a pound or two on occasion. No big deal. DO NOT adjust tire pressures by looking at evic display and adjusting psi's!
Sponsored