Top/Doors Off Corona Question

Indio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep TJ, 1985 Jeep CJ-7, 1972 Series III Land Rover
Occupation
Procrastinator
Seems pretty common sense to me, that if I'm sitting at a light with top down and the guy in front of me sneezes, that there is a very fair chance that I could catch his highly contgious covid-19 virus (that has spread from the other side of the planet to my front door due to people downplaying it) if he has it.
You might as well not go outside for fear of getting struck by lightning. Your fear of catching COVID-19 that way is unreasonable. This thing is getting out of hand, and those of us with reasonable risk aversion and handling of fear are getting impacted. Somehow we need to get a handle on this because pandora's box has been opened. :(
Sponsored

KCC_703

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray MOAB
The other day I watched a youtube clip of a travel plaza in Taiwan using thermal cameras to check the body temperature as people entered. The camera was mounted on the a 50" TV which allowed you to see the live feed. So not only were they monitoring, you could check yourself... as could everyone else within sight of the monitor. Interesting concept and possibly an insight of whats to come as we all start going back to office buildings.

On the local front, I went to home depot today and they've started limiting store occupancy to 100 people (or customers). There was no one monitoring the entrance when I got there, but I forgot to get a cart. So I had to leave the store to retrieve the flatbed cart. On exit, there was a lady manually opening the door and using an app on the store handheld thing. By this time they had a person monitoring the entrance and there was now a line with people spaced 6' apart. I waited 5min to re-enter the store... with the cart.

Things are definitely changing whether we like it or not. Watching videos of the protocols in other countries gives a little foresight into what we're adopting in the US... this is what happens when you run out of shows to binge...

#4Jeep 1st Wrangler

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Was listening to a news report the other day..
They were discussing with experts that stated that NOTHING will be the same again.
When we tell our grandkids that we stood face to face with store workers, bar tenders etc.. And handled cash freely without gloves.. They will say "No way"....
No sporting events till probably 2022, and even then will be wearing masks etc...
It's going to be a "whole new world"..

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Was listening to a news report the other day..
They were discussing with experts that stated that NOTHING will be the same again.
When we tell our grandkids that we stood face to face with store workers, bar tenders etc.. And handled cash freely without gloves.. They will say "No way"....
No sporting events till probably 2022, and even then will be wearing masks etc...
It's going to be a "whole new world"..
Actually the future is probably going to be a lot more GATTACA....

Be prepared to be a second class citizen if you don't line up for your annual "vaccine"

@CBEUnion

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU, 18 JL, 21 JL
LOVE this thread! Hahahaha! My job has me on the side of the road a lot and I'm shocked at how many people I see driving with mask AND gloves on! Maybe they aren't driving their own cars? I dunno, but it's pretty dang funny!

Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
LOVE this thread! Hahahaha! My job has me on the side of the road a lot and I'm shocked at how many people I see driving with mask AND gloves on! Maybe they aren't driving their own cars? I dunno, but it's pretty dang funny!
I laugh at that too Jeff, windows rolled up, mask, gloves, steady 50 mph on the open highway....