islandtees

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
Silver ring std, I'm having it powdercoated red.

OP
OP
islandtees

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
Any clearance problems with the 37 tires and front bumper?

Bszczepanski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Any clearance problems with the 37 tires and front bumper?
I’ve seen others post the same setup as what I’m doing but I will let you know since I do not have the steel bumper package.

OP
OP
islandtees

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
Talked to the service manager today about 35 or 37 and warranty. As long as I don't damage the part off road warranty will be no problem on either size.

Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone ran 37s without any lift or B.B. yet? I am buying the new tires from the dealership and having them installed before I pick it up. I had planned on 35s, but I am now rethinking and debating going to a 37 with a Rock Krawler 2.5 lift (instead of Mopar).

But, I will need to drive my Rubicon home from AR to MO with whatever tires I have put on. So will need to drive highway on the way home and not sure the 37s will fit.

I may just go 35s from them, and do a separate set of wheels and tires with 37s if I can’t confirm one way or another. I never planned for 37s as my daily tire, it the more I see, and read how well the JLUR handles them I am coming around to the thought.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Has anyone ran 37s without any lift or B.B. yet? I am buying the new tires from the dealership and having them installed before I pick it up. I had planned on 35s, but I am now rethinking and debating going to a 37 with a Rock Krawler 2.5 lift (instead of Mopar).

But, I will need to drive my Rubicon home from AR to MO with whatever tires I have put on. So will need to drive highway on the way home and not sure the 37s will fit.

I may just go 35s from them, and do a separate set of wheels and tires with 37s if I can’t confirm one way or another. I never planned for 37s as my daily tire, it the more I see, and read how well the JLUR handles them I am coming around to the thought.
It shouldn’t be an issue driving it home. Just go easy.

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU, 98 Trans Am, 07 G5 2018 jl ordered
I think it was around March, somewhere on JL forums, they showed a Ruby w/o lift kit with 37" tires. As long as you're not disconnecting your sway bars & doing some serious 4 wheeling on the way home, you won't have any problem.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Yes you can do that but I have the Mopar 2 inch lift kit which lift it 3 with 37's I would not do that now but I was going to but I'm so glad I didnt. I did the Mopar 2 with 37s it just doesn't look right without the lift kit with 37's in my opinion but anyody can do what they want. I really like the way mine looks and it rides like stock

Screenshot_20181007-044503_Gallery.jpg

Bszczepanski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
905EB6EA-0B35-4793-84E6-340E6A45BC46.jpeg
Yes you can do that but I have the Mopar 2 inch lift kit which lift it 3 with 37's I would not do that now but I was going to but I'm so glad I didnt. I did the Mopar 2 with 37s it just doesn't look right without the lift kit with 37's in my opinion but anyody can do what they want. I really like the way mine looks and it rides like stock

Screenshot_20181007-044503_Gallery.jpg
Mopar lift with 37s. No rubbing only had to use a heat gun in the rear fender to push the indentation back.

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Yes if you're doing some serious off-roading you might want to push that in after you heat it with a heat gun just a little. Without the lift if you do some serious off-roading you're going to have more problems than that. I just like more wheel well then not

deitrick1

First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Yes if you're doing some serious off-roading you might want to push that in after you heat it with a heat gun just a little. Without the lift if you do some serious off-roading you're going to have more problems than that. I just like more wheel well then not
Found that out the hard way. Ended up using a wire tie to pull it back until I got home. No big deal, but the sound it makes is freaking annoying...almost as bad as the jet engine fan. LOL
Sponsored