Tire size for Rubicon

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
I have the Mopar 2" lift ready to go on.
I have chosen the Cooper Discoverer STT Pro tires.
Problem is I don't know if I want to do 35 or 37.
I have the Mopar beadlock rims and have the rings at the powdercoater now.
I would like to hear from those with 35 or 37.
Thanks
Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Thanks
Just go to a 37’s. You’ll just spend money on 35’s and want 37’s. Been there done that. There’s no appreciable difference in power or drivability between the two in the JL Rubi.

PaPasJP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Just go to a 37’s. You’ll just spend money on 35’s and want 37’s. Been there done that. There’s no appreciable difference in power or drivability between the two in the JL Rubi.
I agree this this totally.

OP
OP
islandtees

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
Would any problems with warranty increase with 37 over 35. Mopar seems to endorse the 35 with the Mojito Rubi.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Would any problems with warranty increase with 37 over 35. Mopar seems to endorse the 35 with the Mojito Rubi.
Who really knows, but I doubt it. They can’t really void a warranty. I seriously doubt with all the mods mopar has going, that they will even worry about such small changes. I’m not worried about it, at all.

Sponsored

Bszczepanski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Thanks
Go with 37s since you won’t be happy only going up one size. My 37s stt pros and Mopar lift are getting installed tomorrow at the dealer. I went up only one size on previous Jeep and one year later went up another size. Didn’t want to make The same mistake again.

98EDE981-662D-4AEE-8DE0-5F26C464CB9E.jpeg

374D2384-FC97-447B-BECA-96F21FAA05BB.jpeg

OP
OP
islandtees

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
Go with 37s since you won’t be happy only going up one size. My 37s stt pros and Mopar lift are getting installed tomorrow at the dealer. I went up only one size on previous Jeep and one year later went up another size. Didn’t want to make The same mistake again.

Please post pics when done since this is the setup I would like to go with.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon

Are you not changing wheels ? why is everyone going with the copper sst pro ? i cant hardly find anyone around me in ft worth that runs these tires or sells them. 4 wheel parts doesn't sell them they told me and discount tire wont either. in the 37 12.5 17 its only 10 lbs lighter thats not enough to make me change from the Toyo mt open country or the nitto ridge grappler. so what it is because the cooper looks very aggressive with those lugs and like it would be very loud

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Go with 37s like say said you will wish you went 37s if you dont.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Thanks
what color are the bead locks? i thought about going with the bead locks but no one around here will change a flat if you have one with the bead locks. some of the big tire companys like discount tire said they do not break down the bead lock wheels for a flat

Sponsored

Bszczepanski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you not changing wheels ? why is everyone going with the copper sst pro ? i cant hardly find anyone around me in ft worth that runs these tires or sells them. 4 wheel parts doesn't sell them they told me and discount tire wont either. in the 37 12.5 17 its only 10 lbs lighter thats not enough to make me change from the Toyo mt open country or the nitto ridge grappler. so what it is because the cooper looks very aggressive with those lugs and like it would be very loud
The way they cut the slips and tread pattern. When I installed 33’s on my YJ I was shocked on how quiet they were. The weight is lighter and the tire pattern is very aggressive. Plus the weight of the tire helps with mpg. Also never had an issue when I wheeled with them. I’m keeping my factory rims since I like the look of them. I may eventually plastidip them with metalizer. I bought them on amazon since it was cheaper than store around me. Paid 320 each but with giant eagle gift cards for amazon (fuel perks) and 2% credit card reward points spending at a grocery store I only paid 295 each for them. Plus no sales tax and delivered to my door. My buddy also owns a tire store and couldn’t match the price. That’s why I got them on amazon.

EB14E764-C7BF-4A61-BB06-C877612DFADD.jpeg

jeepfandotcom

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepfan.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sting Grey JLUR 4xe, 2004 TJ, 1978 CJ-5
I’m going 37’s too. Lift goes on Thursday and tires Saturday. I’m going with the Coopers too. First time with them, from what many say they are a great tire.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
The way they cut the slips and tread pattern. When I installed 33’s on my YJ I was shocked on how quiet they were. The weight is lighter and the tire pattern is very aggressive. Plus the weight of the tire helps with mpg. Also never had an issue when I wheeled with them. I’m keeping my factory rims since I like the look of them. I may eventually plastidip them with metalizer. I bought them on amazon since it was cheaper than store around me. Paid 320 each but with giant eagle gift cards for amazon (fuel perks) and 2% credit card reward points spending at a grocery store I only paid 295 each for them. Plus no sales tax and delivered to my door. My buddy also owns a tire store and couldn’t match the price. That’s why I got them on amazon.

EB14E764-C7BF-4A61-BB06-C877612DFADD.jpeg
I have a friend that works at the dealership that has hook up with toyos. They have an aftermarket Department there I don't know how he can sell them so cheap no one can match it he said. that he was right he selling me if I go with a toyos Mt 37 12.5 17 for 3:20 a tire. My friend that's a Discount Tire manager can't believe it he said he will match it though. Discount Tire will match anybody's prices no matter how low. it is as long as you have it in writing and it's a store they will not compete with Amazon or Ebay though has to be a store. so he's going to match that 320 a ttire on the Toyo Mt. I'm just trying to decide when I get the JL if I should go with the Cooper or the toyo. I've never had Cooper and that's a lot of money. I want to make sure I get something I'm going to be happy with. It's weird I've never seen so many people on Jeeps till now going with the Coopers. Nitto and Toyo has always been the most popular tire for everything. They still are on trucks.

Bszczepanski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a friend that works at the dealership that has hook up with toyos. They have an aftermarket Department there I don't know how he can sell them so cheap no one can match it he said. that he was right he selling me if I go with a toyos Mt 37 12.5 17 for 3:20 a tire. My friend that's a Discount Tire manager can't believe it he said he will match it though. Discount Tire will match anybody's prices no matter how low. it is as long as you have it in writing and it's a store they will not compete with Amazon or Ebay though has to be a store. so he's going to match that 320 a ttire on the Toyo Mt. I'm just trying to decide when I get the JL if I should go with the Cooper or the toyo. I've never had Cooper and that's a lot of money. I want to make sure I get something I'm going to be happy with. It's weird I've never seen so many people on Jeeps till now going with the Coopers. Nitto and Toyo has always been the most popular tire for everything. They still are on trucks.
It’s all preference on tires. I was told the STT PROs are relatively new and replaced the old STT which wasn’t a great tire. They made significant changes and that’s why they are picking up traction. I’ll post pics later of my JLUR with them. Having extra weight of 40 lbs to turn on 4 tires is a lot harder then you think. It’s not the same as adding 40 lbs of accessories. It’s adding a lot more and I can’t find the reference on what 10 pounds of weight of a tire adds comparably to adding bumpers, winch and etc... either way you have to be happy with your selection and can’t go wrong either way.

OP
OP
islandtees

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
what color are the bead locks? i thought about going with the bead locks but no one around here will change a flat if you have one with the bead locks. some of the big tire companys like discount tire said they do not break down the bead lock wheels for a flat
I went with the black beadlocks, trim ring is being powdercoated red. For now, the tires will be mounted in the DOT position and trim ring only.
Sponsored