Boomerang

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Jeep CJ-5
Thanks for the future pics. I'm not sold on how the camera will fit. Will it be snug, up against the camera opening, viewing quality etc. Let us know on what the camera image looks like from the dash as well.
Here is an image showing what the camera sees with our Rigid™ tire cover installed.

001-dash.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bluerhino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2005 Porsche 911 S
Back from Asia now. I picked up my Sahara two days ago. I will write a separate post on that but this should tell you my first impressions :like:

So how about this for customer service. The president of Boomerang gives me a call when I am in China to discuss my order. Not once but he called twice. I ordered the master series body colour (yes that's how you spell colour properly) matched rigid cover with stainless band.

Chris, the president, says thank you for your order and said he also noticed that I was on this forum as well. He explained that the new cover was ready but that after discussing with some distributors he felt they could do better. He informed me they are redesigning the boot so that there is no interference with the camera. From what i understand you could slightly see the outline of the boot on the screen. The new design will be done in a couple weeks and should fix the issue. He then offered me three options. 1. Ship the cover as is with a slight modification to fit the new boot and then send the new updated boot at a later date at no charge. 2. Modify the current boot and cover which would be something like a prototype and ship within a couple days. 3. I could wait a couple weeks and he would send me the new updated version. Well of course I chose 3 as a couple weeks will make zero difference over the years i will own the Jeep and I will be getting the latest and the greatest.

But the real point of this is what company does that these days. Who calls and offers options on their products...few to none. What fantastic service. If their quality is as good as their service Boomerang is the cats meow! Well done Boomerang...well done!

555Redhorse

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Nissan Rogue, 2015 Ford Mustang
I feel like a fool for asking this but...what is the function of a tire cover? Is it solely for show/looks? Or is there a functional aspect I am missing?

Bluerhino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I feel like a fool for asking this but...what is the function of a tire cover? Is it solely for show/looks? Or is there a functional aspect I am missing?
My opinion is that 99% is looks. Maybe a little protection from the elements but doubtful. I prefer a more clean and subdued look while others prefer a more natural look or have a need to show the world how big their "wheel and tire" is.

Sponsored

Bluerhino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Received the tire cover last week from Boomerang and installed this weekend. Easy to do. Fits well and no issues. No issues with back up camera view. I ordered the master series rigid cover paint matched with stainless ring. It comes with lock and key included. Pictures aren't the best but looks good in person. No issues with quality.

InkedIMG_0906_LI.jpg
IMG_0899.JPG
IMG_0901.JPG
IMG_0903.JPG
IMG_0907.JPG
IMG_0908.JPG
IMG_0913.JPG
IMG_0914.JPG
IMG_0915.JPG

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I ordered this one...will post up regarding fitment, etc once I get it.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B079K4TN6L/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

81pBNpCSsxL._SL1500_.jpg
That's what I want! Are there any forum discounts or anything available on these?

Tire covers are just ghey.
No, what's ghey is people who run 35" mud terrains while the 31" highway terrain tire is still hanging off the rear door. That looks retarded, so tire covers get rid of that issue until you can afford a 5th matching tire.

Tire covers are for looks, but also for protection from the sun. The spare tire gets blasted by summer sun which dries the rubber and causes cracking and dry rotting, especially if you never do 5 tire rotations. They also protect the wheel from damage while towing trailers, loading/unloading the Jeep, etc.

se7en

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X / Zynith / 3.6 Auto / SOT / XR
I'm not aware of any discounts.

I still haven't put mine on, yet. I like the look of the rim and tire vs the cover.

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
517F6B6F-B11C-4111-A1BB-6335C5F24968.jpeg
85B91F44-FCE9-4389-90B2-7AC926199E7F.jpeg
67ACC96E-CF05-456F-8106-C5A812994C66.jpeg
The boomerang cover is awesome. Fit, finish, and style are top notch. Just take the plastic shroud off the camera by unscrewingnthe plastic torch screw and the tire cover should fit perfectly.

MixmasterST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte
any other options at this point other than the boomerang ones?

Sponsored

bkgray115

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I am thinking of getting a MasterSeries cover. Has anyone done a video review? How thick is the ring? after a year is it rusting at all?

Boomerang

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Jeep CJ-5
I am thinking of getting a MasterSeries cover. Has anyone done a video review? How thick is the ring? after a year is it rusting at all?
I'm sure you will get some MasterSeries owners replying to this as well but as the manufacturer I can tell you the following. We have been manufacturing MasterSeries tire covers since at least 2006. We literally have thousands of them in the field for Hummers and Wrangler JKs. The JL version was launched last year but the ring is basically the same. The rings are made of heavy gauge 304 Stainless Steel. You should not have any corrosion issues if you keep the cover clean, the same as you should your vehicle. We also have a 3 year limited warranty on these and all of our tire covers so you can buy with confidence. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!!

bkgray115

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
just to be sure, the hard tire cover need to be removed everytime you go thru a car wash? That is what I was told in the chat on your web site when I asked about this video. (air dryer blows off cover)

JoeG

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
If you get aftermarket wheels and bigger tires the camera cover CONSTANTLY pops off and the eventually breaks. Covers are good quality but if you want your camera to work with aftermarket wheels/tires don't plan on using a cover.
Sponsored