Boomerang

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Jeep CJ-5
just to be sure, the hard tire cover need to be removed everytime you go thru a car wash? That is what I was told in the chat on your web site when I asked about this video. (air dryer blows off cover)
I have NEVER heard of a Boomerang MasterSeries coming off in a car wash. MasterSeries covers have a stainless steel ring that locks on. The cover in the video is NOT a Boomerang tire cover and the vehicle is not a Jeep.

**Please also note the video is of Boomerang Car Wash. This is not Boomerang Enterprises, Inc that manufactures tire covers. Totally different company.**

Where did you hear of this happening with one of our MasterSeries covers? If you were told this on our chat someone was incorrect. There have been isolated incidents of soft covers being sucked off by HIGH power car washes but never a MasterSeries.

So the short answer is NO you do not need to remove your tire cover when you wash your vehicle.

Please let me know if you need additional information about this.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Boomerang

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Jeep CJ-5
If you get aftermarket wheels and bigger tires the camera cover CONSTANTLY pops off and the eventually breaks. Covers are good quality but if you want your camera to work with aftermarket wheels/tires don't plan on using a cover.
Are you speaking from personal experience with a Boomerang tire cover? I have never heard of this happening from any of our customers. All of our Rigid and MasterSeries tire covers are ONLY compatible with factory spare tires. We offer 35" soft covers for JLs and they work great.

Can you please let me know about your specific issue?

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Received the tire cover last week from Boomerang and installed this weekend. Easy to do. Fits well and no issues. No issues with back up camera view. I ordered the master series rigid cover paint matched with stainless ring. It comes with lock and key included. Pictures aren't the best but looks good in person. No issues with quality.

InkedIMG_0906_LI.jpg
IMG_0899.JPG
IMG_0901.JPG
IMG_0903.JPG
IMG_0907.JPG
IMG_0908.JPG
IMG_0913.JPG
IMG_0914.JPG
IMG_0915.JPG
I like the look, but not sure I would want the hard cover. I have a factory soft cover for my Sahara and it fits great. I plan on painting something on it, (it's black right now after I painted over the Dealer design that was on it with some Vinyl black Matte paint).

Boomerang

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Jeep CJ-5
I like the look, but not sure I would want the hard cover. I have a factory soft cover for my Sahara and it fits great. I plan on painting something on it, (it's black right now after I painted over the Dealer design that was on it with some Vinyl black Matte paint).
Please know that Boomerang manufactures 3 styles of tire covers for the Wrangler JL and all of them can be ordered with custom graphics!

Soft Tire Covers - Black Denim vinyl fabric with integrated molded backup camera hood.

Rigid Tire Covers - Molded thermoplastic face with vinyl fabric band. Available painted to match or black textured.

MasterSeries Tire Covers - Molded thermoplastic face and lockable stainless steel ring (Available in polished stainless steel, Black powder coated or fully painted to match)

JoeG

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Yes I am speaking from personal experience about the soft cover. Started after a few speed bumps throughout the neighborhood and after popping it back on several times the plastic catch broke off. @Boomerang

Sponsored

Boomerang

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Jeep CJ-5
Yes I am speaking from personal experience about the soft cover. Started after a few speed bumps throughout the neighborhood and after popping it back on several times the plastic catch broke off. @Boomerang
It should not do that and is covered by our 3 year warranty. It sounds like the foam spacers in the plastic hood are missing. This can be very easily remedied if this is the issue. Please contact me and I can send you a new camera hood piece.
[email protected]

Snayte

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hella Yella, 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn
It should not do that and is covered by our 3 year warranty. It sounds like the foam spacers in the plastic hood are missing. This can be very easily remedied if this is the issue. Please contact me and I can send you a new camera hood piece.
[email protected]
Is it possible to purchase the camera hood for the soft cover to use on a cover I have from a JK? We spent quite a bit on a custom cover that I would like to continue using.

Osc_corp

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler sahara jl
I purchased mine and recived it on Friday. Nice fit and easy install, but a slight reflection while reversing on the lower part of the screen.

20190902_200333.jpg

20190902_205829.jpg

20190902_200259.jpg

20190903_072254.jpg

SmartSelect_20190903-072544_Gallery.gif

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
ā€˜Merica
just to be sure, the hard tire cover need to be removed everytime you go thru a car wash? That is what I was told in the chat on your web site when I asked about this video. (air dryer blows off cover)
Have you ever installed one of the Boomerang covers on your Jeep? I donā€™t think itā€™s going to budge at all. Been through a high speed dryer at my local carwash multiple times and it has not blown off.

bkgray115

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Have you ever installed one of the Boomerang covers on your Jeep? I donā€™t think itā€™s going to budge at all. Been through a high speed dryer at my local carwash multiple times and it has not blown off.
No I passed on the cover

Sponsored

Boomerang

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Jeep CJ-5
No I passed on the cover
MasterSeries tire covers will not blow off in the car wash nor do they need to removed before going through a car wash. Not sure where you heard that but I will meet with my staff handling the online chat to ensure they are clear about this.

Vstarjewel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2 Door Sport Wrangler
I did a LOT of looking . . . ended up ordering one on Etsy . . . cost around $90. I did the design, they tweaked it, very happy with the way it turned out.

33259.jpg

urr2slo

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Denali Duramax, Chevy Camaro, Jeep CJ7, C7 Corvette, MB S63
I feel like a fool for asking this but...what is the function of a tire cover? Is it solely for show/looks? Or is there a functional aspect I am missing?
It depends on where you live. Iā€™m in Phoenix and if youā€™re Jeep is in the sun a lot the top of the spare will get sun rotted in 3-4 years. Out here they really extend the life of a spare.
The hard part is finding good covers in 35ā€ or larger, not as many good options like the stock sizes.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
I installed the @Boomerang cover due to the sun starting to dis-color my spare. Its a nice snug fit and great quality. It is very tight against my 3rd brake light stalk though. To the point where I have to bend the plastic to get the cover to wrap all the way on.

Has anyone had to raise the 3rd light? I have a sahara with rubicon take-offs. Not sure if the stalk is higher on the rubis.

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
ā€˜Merica
I installed the Boomerang cover due to the sun starting to dis-color my spare. Its a nice snug fit and great quality. It is very tight against my 3rd brake light stalk though. To the point where I have to bend the plastic to get the cover to wrap all the way on.

Has anyone had to raise the 3rd light?
In Hawaii back in 1998, I had a spare on my ā€˜89 YJ, probably the original, baked in the sun. Thank god my spare carrier didnā€™t break, but someone once tried to jump up onto and sit on top of my spare at a beer/beach shindig....the tire blew when their ass hit it! Sun does damage, broke down the rubber so bad it burst. I never needed the spare, but replaced it later.
Sponsored