Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

johnnytaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ
I'd love to get a tire cover for my JL but they scream "mess with my camera" - or at least the first render does. :/

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
I'd love to get a tire cover for my JL but they scream "mess with my camera" - or at least the first render does. :/
Won't be long before there are many many aftermarket offerings on tire covers for the JL with the rear cover. Then we will be seeing here what covers do the job the best, etc..

I'd like to see some cover options myself...

Redwrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JKU
I was trying to track down a JL tire cover post, but wasn't having much luck. I found these on Amazon and Mopar. Thought I'd share! Interesting to see how this hard cover handles the back up camera.

https://www.amazon.com/2018-Jeep-Wr...9590235&sr=1-11&keywords=jeep+hard+tire+cover

41GtNfuL07L._SY463_.jpg
I don’t have my new Sahara JLU yet, but purchased the new MOPAR cover from Quadtratec weeks ago. Seems to be same quality of the current cover on my JKU. The instructions seem simple enough. Hopefully, I’ll know better in a few weeks when the new Jeep arrives.

Sponsored

Boomerang

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Jeep CJ-5

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Do these covers tend to get stolen, are there locking ones for the JK..meaning JL locking ones are only a matter of time...is this even a problem?

Boomerang

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Jeep CJ-5
Last edited:

Bingy

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
Let me know if you have any questions about the tire cover or installation. We are very excited about our new line of Soft & Rigid JL Wrangler tire covers!
There is a concern over your rigid tire cover properly fitting to the camera when aftermarket wheels are used especially when the offset of said wheel and the diameter of the wheel changes from stock. Have you tested the rigid covers in the 285 70 17 size to other wheels or will this rigid cover only fit the stock wheel?

How does your cover seat against the backup camera lens? Does your cover have a plastic window or can you explain? Thx...

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
Tire covers are just ghey.

Sponsored

ResqFE

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
I moved mine over from my other jeep. I pulled that camera cover off. I felt for the camera and slowly cut a small hole until the camera protruded, then reinstalled the camera cap. Nice and tight fit and looks tight.

Bluerhino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2005 Porsche 911 S
I just ordered this one painted black with a stainless steel ring for my black Sahara. When it arrives I will post pics.

Capture.PNG

Bingy

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
I just ordered this one painted black with a stainless steel ring for my black Sahara. When it arrives I will post pics.

Capture.PNG
Thanks for the future pics. I'm not sold on how the camera will fit. Will it be snug, up against the camera opening, viewing quality etc. Let us know on what the camera image looks like from the dash as well.

Bluerhino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2005 Porsche 911 S
Thanks for the future pics. I'm not sold on how the camera will fit. Will it be snug, up against the camera opening, viewing quality etc. Let us know on what the camera image looks like from the dash as well.
Absolutely will do. I will take a bunch of pics. Just not sure when it’s going to show up!

Boomerang

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Jeep CJ-5
There is a concern over your rigid tire cover properly fitting to the camera when aftermarket wheels are used especially when the offset of said wheel and the diameter of the wheel changes from stock. Have you tested the rigid covers in the 285 70 17 size to other wheels or will this rigid cover only fit the stock wheel?

How does your cover seat against the backup camera lens? Does your cover have a plastic window or can you explain? Thx...
Our molded Rigid™ tire covers are currently available in 2 sizes (32" & 33") and were designed for and tested on all the stock wheel/tire configurations; 245/75R17, 255/70R18 (Sahara) & 285/70R17 (Rubicon).

That being said, they will work with many other tire/wheel combinations as long as the overall circumference of the spare is either 32" or 33".

The covers are molded to properly align with the rear camera and there is a cut out hole that is fitted with a specially designed rubber boot that fits over the camera stalk and keeps everything properly aligned. It is a very cool design, works great and looks fantastic.

We also have our full hard MasterSeries tire covers that work the same as the Rigid covers but have a locking stainless steel ring and our soft covers that have an integrated camera hood that is different from the Rigid and MasterSeries. I will post about these separately. As you can see we have lots of tire cover options for the Wrangler JL.

Please let me know if you have any other additional questions.

rigid-1-800.jpg

rigid-2-800.jpg

rigid-3-800.jpg

rigid4-800.jpg
Sponsored