Sponsored

Throttle Control Options !$?

which throttle controller would you get?

• Total voters

Jeepneck

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepnecks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, 2005 Wrangler Unlimited (LJ)
Occupation
Real Estate Professional
Vehicle Showcase
This is my take on throttle commanders. I have the Hikeit X9. I have been running it for about 6 months. It has many different setting. From their web site
infography.jpg

The first time I took my wife for a ride with the Hikeit X9 installed, she said what the fuck did you do to the Jeep, followed up with I am NOT buying you new tires. Every person that has rode with me and I switched to Hi performance mode has been like WTF. It is like that.

I have messed with all of the setting and done a fair amount of off-roading with it installed. So I can't see anyone driving it around daily in Hi performance. My JLUR is on 37s and 5.13 gears. It is dam near impossible to take off with out spinning the tires or the Jeep lurching so hard that if you tried to park it or do any finesse driving, you are putting yourself and you Jeep in jeopardy. It pulls very hard. Using the Tazer 0 to 30 timer or 0 to 60 timer, the Hi performance mode is slower because it is so hard to lanch with out breaking the tires loose. Now for the cool thing about the Hi performance mode. If you are driving around and want to pass or instant more power, just touch the mode button and it defaults to Hi performance. The difference is immediately felt. You do not even have to apply more pedal, as the Jeep will take off.

I love the ec/4x4 mode set on 5. Set at the highest setting of 9 was to much. 5 feels great out on the trail and on the rocks. Id does not feel like you have to floor it to get over an obstacle, and the power delivery is smooth and predictable. Making braking and throttle inputs at the same time smooth. Love that setting. I often do normal driving in it. Sport is like Hi performance, just not as extreme. I used automatic for about a week straight, and just forgot about it. It improved overall responsiveness, but it attempts to anticipate your needs all the time and was not as consistent as I wanted. I think if I would have adjusted the setting from 1 to 9, I could have found a sweet spot.

With all of this said, there is something about driving the jeep around all tame and such and then touching the mode button and instantly going to Hi Performance mode. It is like changed the whole driving experience. Then when you pull out of a parking lot or away from a street light, you get reminded that those 37s mounted on beadlock wheels are expensive to replace and expensive to have mounted. So after a few moments of fun, I switch back to ec/4x4 mode, but still smile for a week.

I also caught mine on sale for $154

I'm definitely picking one of these up for our 2018 Sport. Thanks for the review.
Sponsored

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
Darn it! Just tried to code and said it was expired. Might hold out and see if they offer a Black Friday deal or something. Please post again if you hear about another deal like that.
Not sure why. If you add two of the same colored modules it still shows BOGO. @nerubi and I went in on a pair of modules. My order is marked as complete but no ship Time yet. So hopefully it goes thru.

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SLP
Just installed mine tonight and sent NERubi his out today.

All I can say is the HikeIt is awesome. I had a helluva time getting it plugged in but that was my only complaint. I tried the Sport-5 and Hi-7/8 levels. Now I get where @wibornz is coming from. I can’t even imagine with regeared axles. 4.10s and 37s on my end and my BIGGEST complaint has been the loss of low end throttle response. This module really adjusted that response. I will be trying the other levels the next few days and playing with the settings.

I can’t downplay the other throttle modules posted here as I have no experience with them. But I am very happy with my purchase of ~$105 after splitting the BOGO cost. I’ve already recommended it to two JK buddies. Ordered on Monday and received it Saturday of the same week. I read a few bad reviews on FB regarding their ship times and customer service but shipping to me was quick enough and they responded to my two emails within 24 hours.

18188183-C815-4D30-9E8A-0EE73F912A07.jpeg

RubiCoug

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 392. Was '20 Rubicon, '17 Rubicon
I just ordered a pair of black one’s. Anyone who wants to split an order, pm me.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered a pair of black one’s. Anyone who wants to split an order, pm me.
Did you get the BOGO discount? Someone else said they took it down last week.

Sponsored

RubiCoug

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you get the BOGO discount? Someone else said they took it down last week.
Yeah, $205 for what appears to be 2 of them. Did not need the code.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, $205 for what appears to be 2 of them. Did not need the code.
I think their system is screwed up. It says 2 are $410 but then the subtotal says $205. When I enter the buyonegetone coupon code it says it has expired.
Have you taken it alk the way to checkout?

RubiCoug

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think their system is screwed up. It says 2 are $410 but then the subtotal says $205. When I enter the buyonegetone coupon code it says it has expired.
Yep. Checked out and paid.

RubiCoug

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Receipt....

E564DB23-7B9A-4488-88F0-743E61D923A9.jpeg

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, lucked out. I know someone that may be interested if no one has taken it yet. I have a message into her.

Sponsored

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SLP
Yep. Did the exact same thing when I ordered. Possible glitch in the system?

teej

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392 XR Rubicon
I'll go in with someone on a BOGO if anybody still needs someone. Let me know.

icemanrrc

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU
I'll go in with someone on a BOGO if anybody still needs someone. Let me know.
Teej, I’ve sent you a message

wtodd

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HellaYella JLR 6spd w/ BnL re-gear, MC 3.5"
Yep. Did the exact same thing when I ordered. Possible glitch in the system?
Sloppy coding or a generous vendor: The first one is $205 but two or more costs 102.50 each no matter how many you order -- as long as they're all the same color.

Anyone interested in going in on black?

comatzd

First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Sloppy coding or a generous vendor: The first one is $205 but two or more costs 102.50 each no matter how many you order -- as long as they're all the same color.

Anyone interested in going in on black?
I'd jump on that with you.

Danno
Sponsored