Sponsored

Thoughts on trade in value?

Luxy60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Willys 4xe, '17 Subaru Crosstrek
No, I'd buy new....I'm actually looking at this guy; https://www.chryslerjeep24.com/new/Jeep/2021-Jeep-Wrangler-6ec1b71e0a0e09a87235ac0db0ac7746.htm

It's one of the few manual Rubicons on the market around here. That dealer is selling at MSRP, as opposed to the bs 'market adjustment' some are trying to pull.
Do you have an actual out the door quote from this dealer? Just because they don't list a "market adjustment" upcharge doesn't mean there isn't one.
I've dealt with this dealership in the past on a used JK and the price they advertised on line did not include the $500 doc fee (which is typical) or their $1700 "reconditioning fee" (which isn't). When I got there, I was negotiating from a starting price that was >$2200 higher than their advertised price. Needless to say I didn't buy a used JK that day. Not saying they won't sell new at MRSP just make sure that is the case.
Sponsored

OP
OP
fknMeow

fknMeow

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 6SPD /20 Wrangler JL Sport (6spd) - Sold
Do you have an actual out the door quote from this dealer? Just because they don't list a "market adjustment" upcharge doesn't mean there isn't one.
I've dealt with this dealership in the past on a used JK and the price they advertised on line did not include the $500 doc fee (which is typical) or their $1700 "reconditioning fee" (which isn't). When I got there, I was negotiating from a starting price that was >$2200 higher than their advertised price. Needless to say I didn't buy a used JK that day. Not saying they won't sell new at MRSP just make sure that is the case.
They tell me at MSRP, but that's good to know. I'll be wary; seems like most of the dealers around here are run by sleazeballs...(Dan O'Brien comes to mind)

Luxy60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Willys 4xe, '17 Subaru Crosstrek
Market conditions are unprecedented so I really don't have a problem with dealers adding an upcharge and maximizing their profits on the limited inventory they do have (scarcity/ rarity factor), just be upfront about it and not completely over the top. I chose to order from an out of state dealership at under invoice but the jury is still out on how that will end up....4 weeks and counting.

OP
OP
fknMeow

fknMeow

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 6SPD /20 Wrangler JL Sport (6spd) - Sold
Market conditions are unprecedented so I really don't have a problem with dealers adding an upcharge and maximizing their profits on the limited inventory they do have (scarcity/ rarity factor), just be upfront about it and not completely over the top. I chose to order from an out of state dealership at under invoice but the jury is still out on how that will end up....4 weeks and counting.
Who did you end up ordering with? I've weighed the option myself, but I just don't know if I have the patience.