Sponsored

Trade-In Value of 2018 2-Door JL Rubicon?

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Pretty standard with all trade in.

They are going to offer you wholesale which is usually about $2k below KBB trade in.

The disadvantage you have is they get you both ways. If you don’t like the trade in number they will give you more to make you happy but then your purchase price will be higher.

Best to go negotiate the new purchase first. Tell them you are selling private party. Once agreed on buy price then go back in and say you are now thinking about trading it in and see what you get.
Sponsored

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Yea, definitely negotiate the actual vehicle first. Play dumb on the trade and say you're not sure or even outright lie and say you're not gonna have a trade. Then, once you settle, you can say you've changed your mind on the trade. If they wanna pull shenanigans at that point, just trade it somewhere else. Lots of options these days to shop around with some of those online places.

azjl#3

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sarge Green JLR
I
That’s been my experience as well.

I’ve sold four Wranglers privately. KBB was right on the money, and they sold fast!
have used carvana as well to find the sweet spot for vehicle prices, knocking a few cents off because well, I'm not a dealer and don't offer undercaoting.