Trade In Value - How many smiles per $$$

OldJupiter

First Name
Old Jupiter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door JL Sport
Please note before you proceed that this is an honestly hypothetical post - although my mileage is accurate it is used a reference point.

I currently have a 2018 JL Sport. 41k miles as of today. 18 months into payments out of 48 months*. I have spent $3.6k on mods ($1.3k was just for tires). 2.0T Sport Premium Top - no other options. I have been seeing a lot of trade in posts. JL's especially in the 2Dr variant being traded in for JTs and JLU's for space concerns. A lot of the these trades are sub 2 years old with half my mileage. Just wondering on a few points:

How many miles driven to trade makes it worth it?
A Jeep driven for 6k miles a year @ what rate are you actually getting the value out of it? w/ mods and subsequently w/out mods.?
If you're paying X amount of dollars regardless of whether you can afford it or not how many miles would you need to run to get your money's worth? (just because you can afford cocaine does not mean you should have an OD)

There are a couple of things to take into account. So I would like to add that if you buy a Jeep for 40K drive it for 8k mile sell it for 32k @ rate X how much did you "rent" a Base/Mid/Loaded Jeep for? Are your 8k miles more smiles than 40k miles 50k miles 2-4-8 Jeeps when is enough, enough? *sarcasm*

Just putting this out there because I still have 30 payments left and I wonder what how big my smiles log would be.

Love this community have fun - anyone?
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Wranglers hold their value well, so mileage is not going to be a big factor in determining at what point you should trade it in.

Time is the biggest factor. If you are 18 months into a 48-month loan, you should already have significant equity built into the truck. Heck, my JL had equity after only six months!

Had it for a year now.

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
Really????? Need vs. want. Do any of us need our jeeps?

We all know the answer to that question.

It’s an obvious. YES!!!!!!! WE MUST HAVE THEM!!!!!!

Smiles and miles are just icing on the cake!!!!
Sponsored