The Rubicon Trail

Bullwinkle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Am close in proximity to this trail and would love to give it a go, anyone been over there?
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 JK / 2020 JLUR
Am close in proximity to this trail and would love to give it a go, anyone been over there?
Based on your profile photo it would be best not to run the Rubicon with your current set up. You will for sure destroy you side steps. These would need to be replaced with “rock rails” at a minimum before heading onto the Rubicon.

OP
OP
Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Based on your profile photo it would be best not to run the Rubicon with your current set up. You will for sure destroy you side steps. These would need to be replaced with “rock rails” at a minimum before heading onto the Rubicon.
Yeah, t
Thank you. Yeah, those actually are the widest fixed part on the jeep, I saw that also. From what I've read, and comments, rock rails, a winch, knowledge on how to use it properly, someone to guide, undercarriage guards on everything...and good weather
SPEAKING of winch use, how do i find a class or group teaching that kind of thing? any thoughts...Southern Oregon area

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 JK / 2020 JLUR
Yeah, t

Thank you. Yeah, those actually are the widest fixed part on the jeep, I saw that also. From what I've read, and comments, rock rails, a winch, knowledge on how to use it properly, someone to guide, undercarriage guards on everything...and good weather
SPEAKING of winch use, how do i find a class or group teaching that kind of thing? any thoughts...Southern Oregon area
If you are going alone then a winch for sure because it’s simple insurance. How to use a winch most of us learned by doing. Basic winching is very simple and often you will only need to move your Jeep a few inches or a feet. Today there are a lot of decent online videos on how to.

Under armor is not really needed the major items are reasonable well protected with factory skids and the money you would spend on adding more would be better used on a mild lift.

Running the Rubicon your first time and with little experience offroading I would highly recommend to go with someone who knows the trail or has a fair amount of experience. Take a look at Jeep Jamboree USA they offer guided trips over the Rubicon and are an excellent group to start learning from. They aren’t cheap but they will take care of you and ensure you make it off the trail.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
If you are going alone then a winch for sure because it’s simple insurance. How to use a winch most of us learned by doing. Basic winching is very simple and often you will only need to move your Jeep a few inches or a feet. Today there are a lot of decent online videos on how to.

Under armor is not really needed the major items are reasonable well protected with factory skids and the money you would spend on adding more would be better used on a mild lift.

Running the Rubicon your first time and with little experience offroading I would highly recommend to go with someone who knows the trail or has a fair amount of experience. Take a look at Jeep Jamboree USA they offer guided trips over the Rubicon and are an excellent group to start learning from. They aren’t cheap but they will take care of you and ensure you make it off the trail.
thanks for taking the time, appreciated.

jocww

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Fj40 lq9 on 38s, 21 JTRD Gecko Green on 37s
Let me know when you wanna go. I live a few hours away, but my parents live 16 miles away. I always start on the lake side then go to ice house.

OP
OP
Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Let me know when you wanna go. I live a few hours away, but my parents live 16 miles away. I always start on the lake side then go to ice house.
[/QUOTE
sounds good, I have family on the NV side, so would work great.

jocww

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Fj40 lq9 on 38s, 21 JTRD Gecko Green on 37s
I have never done it in the snow since my fj has no doors or top, but with the JTRD i now have to worry about height lol, but i know a few that have done it. I plan on doing it with paper plates on my way home from TN if I have time, prob just go to caddy hill and back. Then in spring maybe ill do the whole thing.