George999

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport Willys
Vehicle Showcase
Hi George999, I am so sorry to hear about your concerns! If you'd like us to open a case with a case manager so they can assist you with the dealer during this process, feel free to send us a private message.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares
thank you,
Sponsored

HoundDude

Threads
Reaction score
New Jersey (i know, i know, i'm stuck here)
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sahara
It goes in the shop tomorrow, I personally think it is a bad hub/bearing. I jacked up the left side and noticed that I could pull the wheel out and push it back in. So i grabbed the tire at 9 and 3 o'clock and could rock the tire back and forth. Now i am not a mechanic, but i don't think i should be able to that. So i checked the passenger side and was able to do the same thing but no where near as much. Then i checked the front and neither wheel would budge.
I think you're on to something, it definitely shouldn't be doing that! hopefully your dealer figures it out quickly.

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
It goes in the shop tomorrow, I personally think it is a bad hub/bearing. I jacked up the left side and noticed that I could pull the wheel out and push it back in. So i grabbed the tire at 9 and 3 o'clock and could rock the tire back and forth. Now i am not a mechanic, but i don't think i should be able to that. So i checked the passenger side and was able to do the same thing but no where near as much. Then i checked the front and neither wheel would budge.
Whatever happened with this issue? Inquiring minds want to know. :bandit:

George999

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Whatever happened with this issue? Inquiring minds want to know. :bandit:
Funny you ask, my sport has been at the dealer for the last 3 weeks. They have not been able to identify the issue. They have been able to reproduce the issue 100% of the time. Durning the entire time I have been very patient, polite, and understanding until today.
Today I visited the dealership, stopped off at maintenance first and asked for an update and as I thought, nothing. The last question I asked was who was the best sales person, and both service advisors stated the same person. One of them called her on the phone and she meet with me at the shop. They went over my situation with her and then she turned and looked at me and said lets see what we can do. I must say I have never had a sales person work as hard as she did with the finance department. Before I knew it we where we'll into a trade for a new wrangler. After 4 hours of explaining my issue, possible continued issues we worked out in my mind a very good deal for a 2020 ocean blue JLU Willys. In fact I was a very busy day workings a deal, which everyone knows they don't deal on these. Getting my current sport home and removing all the additions. The only thing I couldn't remove was my LOD Rock sliders. Good or bad all in all I am very please how the dealership stepped up and helped me out.

So as it stands right now I have an extra 7" head unit and bezel code free which I am willing to part with.

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Almost EVERY DEALER IS GREAT--

IT'S THE INDIVIDUALS THAT MAKE/BREAK YOUR COMFORT--

I've gotit made in my NEVADA HOME- small town dealer and I've treat/been treated with total compliance and friendship--

I never found this attitude in my CA area !

W.E.

JIMBO

Last edited:

Sponsored

cb4017

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Retired
Almost EVERY DEALER IS GREAT--

IT'S THE INDIVIDDUALS THAT MAKE/BREAK YOUR COMFORT--

I've gotit made in my NEVADA HOME- small town dealer and I've treat/been treated with total compliance and friendship--

I never found this attitude in my CA area !

W.E.

JIMBO
Since I'm in Fallon nice to know the Fernley dealer is GTG.

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Since I'm in Fallon nice to know the Fernley dealer is GTG.
Yeah, they're great people--both the sales/service dept are like FRIENDS--

Ask for CHAD if you're looking for info/new vehicle-Have a great day-

JIMBO

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab (Black on Black)
Vehicle Showcase
I got an RK 3.5" Adventure Series installed on my '19 Moab. Finalizing details on wheel / tire upgrade (37" RG on 17x9 Fuel Beasts). I've got a Smittybilt TC relocation bracket that I'll use temporarily till I can afford a rear bumper with TC (probably an Ace, but still researching options).

So for those of you that have done 37's and didn't immediately upgrade to a dedicated TC, was the stock TC (or stock TC with relo bracket) good enough for a few months?

note: yes, regear is in the future (2 months out)

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Funny you ask, my sport has been at the dealer for the last 3 weeks. They have not been able to identify the issue. They have been able to reproduce the issue 100% of the time. Durning the entire time I have been very patient, polite, and understanding until today.
Today I visited the dealership, stopped off at maintenance first and asked for an update and as I thought, nothing. The last question I asked was who was the best sales person, and both service advisors stated the same person. One of them called her on the phone and she meet with me at the shop. They went over my situation with her and then she turned and looked at me and said lets see what we can do. I must say I have never had a sales person work as hard as she did with the finance department. Before I knew it we where we'll into a trade for a new wrangler. After 4 hours of explaining my issue, possible continued issues we worked out in my mind a very good deal for a 2020 ocean blue JLU Willys. In fact I was a very busy day workings a deal, which everyone knows they don't deal on these. Getting my current sport home and removing all the additions. The only thing I couldn't remove was my LOD Rock sliders. Good or bad all in all I am very please how the dealership stepped up and helped me out.

So as it stands right now I have an extra 7" head unit and bezel code free which I am willing to part with.
Did you pick up your head unit from infotainment? I'm still debating if I want to upgrade my 5"...

Sponsored

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
I'll have to check it out and see if it's cheaper than infotainment. Thanks.
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND upgrading from he 5". You will realize quickly when you plug that 7" in how shitty the 5 was. I also got mine from a mopar parts site and it was under 600 including Bezel. The only thing is the volume knob. but honestly that hasn't bothered me.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND upgrading from he 5". You will realize quickly when you plug that 7" in how shitty the 5 was. I also got mine from a mopar parts site and it was under 600 including Bezel. The only thing is the volume knob. but honestly that hasn't bothered me.
Either it's me or their site isn't user friendly (yeah probably me :blush:), but I can't find it. Got a link by chance? Also, I rarely use the knob. Always use the steering wheel because it's just much more convenient:like:

George999

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Either it's me or their site isn't user friendly (yeah probably me :blush:), but I can't find it. Got a link by chance? Also, I rarely use the knob. Always use the steering wheel because it's just much more convenient:like:
i was wrong on where i got it, going thru my emails here is the link to the site https://www.moparwholesaleparts.com/?p=catalog&mode=search&search_in=all&search_str=68297546AF. But they are no longer selling, i remember about a month or 2 after i got mine, i read on here that Mopar stopped the reselling them. it became a dealer only item, and you had to have an issue with the radio to get a replacement, no upgrades.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
i was wrong on where i got it, going thru my emails here is the link to the site https://www.moparwholesaleparts.com/?p=catalog&mode=search&search_in=all&search_str=68297546AF. But they are no longer selling, i remember about a month or 2 after i got mine, i read on here that Mopar stopped the reselling them. it became a dealer only item, and you had to have an issue with the radio to get a replacement, no upgrades.
Yep Mopar cracked down on them, but you can buy them directly from https://www.infotainment.com/collec...nect-uaq-4c-nav-upgrade?variant=9364071284772
Sponsored