Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Here's my Sport S. Added the same tires as on a Rubicon. Frankly, looks-wise I like it better than the Rubicon. Capability-for-your-money the Rubicon can't be beat but I don't really need it for what I do.

img_1860-jpg.jpg
Sponsored

Cmarr22

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
The company I work for JL Audio is creating speaker upgrade kits to swap out the stock speakers. I heard one version of the kits, stock speakers, amp, and sub and wow what a difference in clarity. I have a JLU and can't wait to get my system upgraded. Good luck with your mods I have heard finding a good replacement speaker for the kicker is hard you might need to modify the enclosures....

Count me as a regret vote. I don't normally upgrade my car stereo, but the Alpine vs 7" UConnect is a huge difference. I have already ordered upgraded Kicker speakers for the front and the soundbar, just haven't installed yet.

TimP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 wrangler sport
I have a sport S now - mostly because I wasn't in a position to buy a Rubicon but needed a new vehicle, but quite honestly the Sport S is great for me.

I got the cold weather group, anti spin differentials, 7 inch display with alpine stereo, remote start, etc.. I have taken it offroad several times and its quite amazing what this thing can do. I am convinced that the rubicon is either an absolute BEAST, or its overrated - one of the 2.

OP
OP
jhnnymac

jhnnymac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota 4Runner
My tech at the dealer said the head unit wirelessly transmits to the amp which is hard wired to the speakers. He also said the amp unit is made by Harmon Kardon. Not sure if any of this is true.

Edit:
See this thread - its even more complicated“
Adding an Aftermarket Amp(s)

Last edited:

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
I have a sport S now - mostly because I wasn't in a position to buy a Rubicon but needed a new vehicle, but quite honestly the Sport S is great for me.

I got the cold weather group, anti spin differentials, 7 inch display with alpine stereo, remote start, etc.. I have taken it offroad several times and its quite amazing what this thing can do. I am convinced that the rubicon is either an absolute BEAST, or its overrated - one of the 2.
I tend to lean towards the beast side of that equation but it is certainly more vehicle that most of us need or want to buy. I'll be doing a good bit of off roading but I see no need for rock crawling. If I ever find myself needing it, I'll fork out the cash to upgrade my Sport S.

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
Here's my Sport S. Added the same tires as on a Rubicon. Frankly, looks-wise I like it better than the Rubicon. Capability-for-your-money the Rubicon can't be beat but I don't really need it for what I do.

img_1860-jpg.jpg
Gorgeous. Looks like the best beach cruiser I've ever seen.

Buying what you need is way cooler than flashing Rubicon cash for status. Never have I seen an obvious pavement pounder on 37s and thought "cool". But when I see a modified Sport, I think about someone slowly building up their baby, their trusty toy. It's a lot cooler than the "blank check" builds.

OP
OP
jhnnymac

jhnnymac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota 4Runner
The rubicon wheel/tires do make a big difference to Sport. A good upgrade at a relatively cheap price.
And just look at the difference in the size of those two wheels in first image.

20180505_143004.jpg

20180505_175421.jpg

What is the ballpark cost? (apologies if someone already posted)

iWantJLU

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord LX
The rubicon wheel/tires do make a big difference to Sport. A good upgrade at a relatively cheap price.
And just look at the difference in the size of those two wheels in first image.

20180505_143004.jpg

20180505_175421.jpg

Looks great!!!

Sponsored

Muddog

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Ion
Selling my Sahara Wheels and Bridgestone Dueler All Terrain tires. Located in Chicago $800. Anyone interested?

Tfom

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
So is everyone that is upgrading to Rubicon wheels and tires getting them from other forum members? That's my plan, but I haven't seen many for sale in my area, although I haven't looked too hard since I'm not ordering until next month.

DickZip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Rubicon
I have Rubicon suspension parts for sale, i live in vegas. if your interested Pm me.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Gorgeous. Looks like the best beach cruiser I've ever seen.

Buying what you need is way cooler than flashing Rubicon cash for status. Never have I seen an obvious pavement pounder on 37s and thought "cool". But when I see a modified Sport, I think about someone slowly building up their baby, their trusty toy. It's a lot cooler than the "blank check" builds.
Thanks! I hope to be hitting the beach real soon.

Katzkin

First Name
Katzkin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
2 weeks ago, my Katzkin rep told me they are working on matching roll bar covers. No update from them on release date.
Yes we are working on a Roll Bar cover! Exact launch timing TBD, 4 Door launching first , 2 Door to follow.
Sponsored