The Jeep Wave

jeepoch

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport S 3.6L Auto 2 door, 2.5" lift, 35s
Is it just an old ugly guy thing, but why is it I get a very high percentage of Jeeper dudes wave back but the Jeeper gals just don't give even a glancing notice back.

Probably less than 1 out of 10 (maybe 20) Lady Jeep drivers ever look over let alone wave at all.

I suspect the guys see my lifted with 35's bright white 2019 JL Sport 2 door, the gals are looking only for the rich handsome posers in their Porsche or Beemers.

That leaves me nothing but a Wrangler driver feeling poor, old and ugly. I suppose reality is a bitch.

Still, I wave regardless.

Jay
Sponsored

PA-Punkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, 2012 BMW 328 Wagon, 2002 BMW 330 Cabrio
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
the gals are looking only for the rich handsome posers in their Porsche or Beemers.
Really? Feel free to levy human worth on folks for what they drive.

And if you want to insult people, at least get the terminology correct:

Beemer - BMW motorcycle
Bimmer - BMW car

- Proud BMW owner

jeepoch

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Beemer - BMW motorcycle
Bimmer - BMW car
@PA-Punkn,

Never ever in my entire life, have I ever heard of Bimmer. Never. Not once. Thanks for that very important educational tid-bit but I really do now think that:

Beemer - conceited motorbike
Bimmer - snobbish buggy

You've just help solidify that both should just be pronounced Bummer.

Bummer bike
Bummer buggy

I'll likely never again refer to a BMW in any other way. Thanks for helping me see true enlightenment.

However, I'm very certain you are the most proud and handsome guy getting all the attractive Jeeper gal's waves. I'll even guess you pose behind your oversized Euro safety mirror, combing your suave, debonair hair back over your oversized grape.

Sarcastic note:
My quip was about the lack of waves from lady Jeepers (at my expense). However you've certainly reinforced my stereotype of beemers, bimmers, and now bummers.

This was about a little lightheartedness. If for a second you think I really was attacking you or any other BMW driver, your being pretty thick. Really no offense intended.

Unfortunately the snowflake minefield is getting just as thick everywhere. Not just on campus.

I promise (pinky swear), I'll wave at the next Bim bum (and Porsche car) I drive by as my way of putting the universe back in proper hierarchical alignment.

While naturally looking down on them from my lifted Sport. Not another dig. Physical pure fact.

Edit:
In all honesty I was giving you a subtle compliment. The girls are attracted to the wealthy, handsome, and proud owners of expensive fancy cars. It's very cool that there are successful people in the world (like you) who can afford such luxury.

Suggesting that I should have known about the bim bum etiquette clearly shows who is mocking whom.

Jay

Last edited:

PA-Punkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, 2012 BMW 328 Wagon, 2002 BMW 330 Cabrio
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
@jeepoch

Glad I could provide you the education

As for the rest of your comments, I'd suggest if you don't want to get called out for perceived insults to other forum members, you better phrase your posts to differtiate your true opinions from attempts at sarcasm to help us "thick" people understand your intent more clearly.

No further comments from me on this back and forth.

Sponsored

tts42572

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Nice to read the original story behind the wave.

Have had my JLUR for only a few weeks. I honestly was unaware of the wave thing before ordering my Jeep but after seeing it mentioned in the forum, I've been sure to put it into practice.

So far after a few weeks, I'd estimate that probably about 1/3 of the Wranglers I pass on the road are waving back at me as I wave.

I have to say it puts a smile on my face when it happens both ways though.

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
Here in Oklahoma there are a lot of Wranglers and almost everyone waves. It's almost comical when going through Edmond, there are so many Jeeps, it seems like I'm wave every couple of minutes!
Cool I guess I have to move then...... Jeep friendly people are the cool people....

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
It is settled. You will move. And the people of Oklahoma will welcome you with settlers arms.
I hope so because I do have a lot of family there from my mothers side from Cherokee Nation to Choctaw Nation all the way out to Guymon. LoL not sure if they will wave back at me either..... hmmm :swear:

iamstillvince

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler sport s
In in Alberta, Canada and we have a lot of jeeps on town. What I find is that it's definitely wrangler only and for most part it's only male drivers.

Sponsored

jeepoch

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A lady Wrangler driver waved back this afternoon. Not only just a wave but also with a really big smile. My wife was with me and even commented how surprised she was. I think the trick was that we both waved.

Life is good. Now I'm feeling not quite as old or ugly. Just poor (still no bummer). But certainly am much richer in the Jeep spirit.

Waves are indeed way cool. Especially with a smile.

Jay

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Is it just an old ugly guy thing, but why is it I get a very high percentage of Jeeper dudes wave back but the Jeeper gals just don't give even a glancing notice back.

Probably less than 1 out of 10 (maybe 20) Lady Jeep drivers ever look over let alone wave at all.

I suspect the guys see my lifted with 35's bright white 2019 JL Sport 2 door, the gals are looking only for the rich handsome posers in their Porsche or Beemers.

That leaves me nothing but a Wrangler driver feeling poor, old and ugly. I suppose reality is a bitch.

Still, I wave regardless.

Jay
It's not you. Lady Jeepers don't wave back at me either and I'm the spitting image of Brad Pitt. :bandit: :CWL:

Zotch

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Sport S JL
Really? Feel free to levy human worth on folks for what they drive.

And if you want to insult people, at least get the terminology correct:

Beemer - BMW motorcycle
Bimmer - BMW car

- Proud BMW owner
Jeep Wrangler JL The Jeep Wave s1200_Lighten_Up_Francis

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
To the OP...thanks for sharing. My older sister owned a Wrangler before me (back in the 90’s with a YJ) and told me about the Jeep wave and my response was “really? Why do they do that?” She didn’t know. It wasn’t until this post (20+ years later) that you educated me on the subject. I always used to wave to every Wrangler, but will start giving the Victory sign from here on out!
Sponsored