The dreaded JB freeze

agordon117

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR HellaYella
That would have been a nice option as well. It just seems that regardless of whether it would be fair to wait to build the vehicles until the soft tops were in or in transit, they would have had all of the other vehicles built and out of the way in the meantime instead of the current situation, where we're at double their capacity for finished vehicles. Or, like you said, shipped without the soft top and sent them later. But it seems like they were adamant about not offering that option until a month of vehicles had stacked up. I'm pretty sure they never offered it at all for non dual top orders.
Sponsored

agordon117

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR HellaYella
I'm going to put my speculation hat on for a minute, but if I were FCA, and if a company couldn't keep up with their promised output of soft tops, I would have shipped every single dual top unit and made the soft top vendor pay to ship the soft tops to the consumers.

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
I'm going to put my speculation hat on for a minute, but if I were FCA, and if a company couldn't keep up with their promised output of soft tops, I would have shipped every single dual top unit and made the soft top vendor pay to ship the soft tops to the consumers.
Yes! This!

vonbek

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Yellow109r

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLUR, Bright White
Occupation
Aircraft Industrial Engineer for the DoD
Vehicle Showcase
It would be nice if they would offer a soft top removal option for those of us willing to forgo the soft top and simply have it delivered with the hard top.
That makes too much sense and Jeep doesnā€™t DO ANYTHING that makes sense :headbang:

Yellow109r

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLUR, Bright White
Occupation
Aircraft Industrial Engineer for the DoD
Vehicle Showcase
I % agree

ElDuderino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon (ordered)
I just checked the status of my order (placed on 1/23 and stuck in JB for weeks now). The customer care rep informed me that they're still waiting on soft tops, and they're estimating availability by mid April now. Can't vouch for the accuracy of that info, but wanted to pass it on.

Jlnew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infinity QX56
I feel like I hit a big milestone in my Jeep life today, 40 days in JB! Even the patriarch of this thread YDF_322 didn't have to stay here that long. Mine is hard top only, so no idea what the hold up is. I wonder who holds the JB record...

Sponsored

JABoyd

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I feel like I hit a big milestone in my Jeep life today, 40 days in JB! Even the patriarch of this thread YDF_322 didn't have to stay here that long. Mine is hard top only, so no idea what the hold up is. I wonder who holds the JB record...
I just hit 30 days

JLU_Pilot

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR - (Lady) ; 2013 Chevy Traverse
I think youā€™re correct. It seems the codes really donā€™t matter once your Jeep is built. They have run into a major snag with the soft top delay and I can only imagine what they are trying to do to remedy it. So, JB, KZ, none of it means much anymore.
As long as they don't rush the soft top creation and mess it up in the process... will be nothing worse than having to deal with a messed up soft-top when you finally go to put it on... or have it's lifespan decreased due to bad workmanship.... I am all for waiting, as long as the quality of all of it is top notch.

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As long as they don't rush the soft top creation and mess it up in the process... will be nothing worse than having to deal with a messed up soft-top when you finally go to put it on... or have it's lifespan decreased due to bad workmanship.... I am all for waiting, as long as the quality of all of it is top notch.
I agree, but I doubt that would happen. Bestop values their reputation, even if they are slow. ;)

JLU_Pilot

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR - (Lady) ; 2013 Chevy Traverse
I agree, but I doubt that would happen. Bestop values their reputation, even if they are slow. ;)
Agree. Didn't mean for it to come across any different. I suspected they would/will do a good job; just that I value quality over speed at this point... yet... where's my Wrangler? gimme gimme...

Dhovie

First Name
Dhovie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite Crystal Metallic - Still nameless
Bestop? I need ā€˜em to Bego Smarrtazz. D wants his Jeep already for goodnessā€™ sake!
Sponsored