SG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 430i, Acura MDX, 2 Hyundai Tuscons, JL Willys
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
This is just a buyer beware for the community.

Short story: 4Wheelparts.com took my money, did not send product. Did not update me on a delay (Because at the time there was stock and there should not have been a delay). Will not process my cancel request via email portal and their phone support for orders seems like a complete ruse; I am not sure it's possible to reach them. Avoid them!

Long Story.:
I made the mistake of NOT doing my research on this forum before I "attempted" to make a purchase on 4wheelparts.com. On Sunday the 4th , I ordered a Rough Country winch from 4Wheelparts.com (also not realizing I could have ordered directly from Rough Country). On Monday I saw that rough Country was shipping same day (per their website) but I had nothing from 4WP, yet the website said "ships within 1-2 days" directly from Rough Country. I did have a time constraint so it was important to me that the order ship soon. I called on Wednesday after my order still said "processing" and waited about 15 minutes in the call queue before I was told that I was the 42nd caller. I waited another 7 or 8 minutes and I was told I was the 41st caller (That will not work, so I had to hang up). Called at 7:30 AM the next morning and I was the 32nd caller (hang up). I called today and ended up number 42 again and after 7 or 8 minutes I was 41. I do not have 5 hours to wait on call. I emailed them via their portal on Wednesday to specifically "Cancel" my order. Two days later I got an email from support that had no acknowledgement of the cancel and thanked me for my patience (without telling me where my order was!). This website is a giant ruse. I recommend to AVOID. Do not get sucked in by sales and promises. I will give 4WP the opportunity to cancel by next Monday and then I will call AMEX. This is literally the worst e-commerce customer service I have ever experienced. As a footnote, today, rough country is now out of stock for the winch I ordered (but not when I ordered from 4WP). So now I can no longer go direct with them... very disappointing.

Assessment: They do NOT care about their customers. This is NOT an e-commerce company, they are a brick and mortar company that has not learned how to do e-commerce well.
Sponsored

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
Similar experience for me. Never buy online from them again. As you said they are a brick and mortar and if I had the need I would visit a store and pick something up. But as far as online orders go…you’ve been warned folks.

ETA:
IIRC I’ve done about 4 orders with them and 2 of them were total fiasco’s.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator Gladiator Sport S, '22 Gobi JLR
Contact the bank with this info and tell them you'd like to dispute the charge since the company won't do anything for you. If they cancel the charge, send an email to 4WP with your order # and tell them to cancel because your bank cancelled the charge and that you WON'T make the mistake of ordering from them again.

OP
OP
XYJGuy

XYJGuy

First Name
SG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 430i, Acura MDX, 2 Hyundai Tuscons, JL Willys
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I thought I would update anyone that reads this. The day after I wrote this review, I received the winch (Saturday). Ironically, the next Monday I got a shipping notice with tracking information; as stated, after my winch had arrived. Comical. Needless to say, I told them they did not need to cancel the order. This clearly validates the theory that they mean well, they just have not figured out how to do e-commerce well. Frustrating, but ended well.

greige

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 farout
Yeah, they have demonstrated to me in little ways that they don't get ecommerce. When you place an order online, you will get any order update information from their email address [email protected]. Well, you also get all their spam email from the same address. Unsubscribing means nothing to them and reporting it as spam will mean you do not get the emails you need to get.

However, I have had no complaints with receiving what I have ordered in a timely manner. If I recall correctly, I may have had a few issues where their email acknowledgements have been delayed.

Sponsored

RubiconBravo

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLUR 3.6
The worst customer service in the whole world, not only they sent me incompatible parts, but they never respond to your inquiries to return the product. Only when I disputed the CC charge then they woke up from their sleep. What a bunch of scammers this company is! DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
i've heard they're the Harbor Freight of the off-road world.

that's kind of insulting to HF.
Sponsored

• Haha
Reactions: GtX