Teraflex Sport ST1 1.5" Spacer Lift for JL 2dr

OP
OP

eman20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I would say you should just do the spacer lift with the stock shocks to start and if you need to upgrade the shocks later then you can. Ride should be same as stock or better depending on tires you get.
thats what I’m thinking too based on what you both have said. I appreciate the help.
Sponsored

VooDoo1

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S, 2007 FJ Cruiser
Thanks VooDoo1, your jeep looks great same color as mine. Yes I have the sport and I did read about the difference in height in back and front to help with leveling on the 2dr.
Glad to also hear that it doesn't change the ride quality. Does that also go for offRoad ?
Do you think it would be overkill to go for Falcon 3.1 or Fox 2.0 shocks or just stay with the spacers and factory shocks. I'm about 50% on/off road.

Also thanks for the image I see there is a nice extra space in the wheel well in the back which is exactly what I'm after with the 33" tires.
Does it help when you load the back up with gear from drooping in the back ?

Thanks

Does that also go for offRoad ?

My off-roading only consists easy fire roads & trails. Since I didn't change springs and shocks ride quality should be unchanged from stock. I do air down to soften the ride.

Since the springs are not changed, load weight capacity should be unchanged.

Last edited:
OP
OP

eman20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Does that also go for offRoad ?

My off-roading only consists easy fire roads & trails. Since I didn't change springs and shocks ride quality should be unchanged from stock. I do air down to soften the ride.

Since the springs are not changed, load weight capacity should be unchanged. the springs will compress more before hitting the stops.
thanks VooDoo1 for the back springs load question.
Yes you are right the springs don’t change but the spacer gives the back wells 1.5” more clearance. So that will help when the back weight goes on with that extra 1.5 clearance. Pre spacers, the extra back weight left it 1.5 lower in the wells to tire so it was very close.

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 3.6 8-speed Auto
I have the ST1 but on a rubicon w/ fox shocks, so not a great comparison. Firmness comments may be due to the Falcons, the spacers don't change the ride much?

Rubicon takeoff shocks/springs would be an option for 33s on a sport.
What length Fox shocks did you go for, the 0" to 1.5" or the 2.5" to 3.0"?

Gmanjeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
I have the ST1 but on a rubicon w/ fox shocks, so not a great comparison. Firmness comments may be due to the Falcons, the spacers don't change the ride much?

Rubicon takeoff shocks/springs would be an option for 33s on a sport.
What tires and wheels are you running with your spacer lift?