Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
A few quick shots picking it up, glad I only did a 1.5” lift anything more would be too much with 35s.. and I think the 35s look awesome, no need to do 37s, I am loving it

2C50AB9E-B0E8-4ADC-A203-3D9D9BE96F55.jpeg

D9456808-1D42-49D1-BB05-18B16B0D7CBD.jpeg

C6190CFE-8EF7-429E-9B0C-58E826F218C7.jpeg
Sponsored

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
A few quick shots picking it up, glad I only did a 1.5” lift anything more would be too much with 35s.. and I think the 35s look awesome, no need to do 37s, I am loving it

2C50AB9E-B0E8-4ADC-A203-3D9D9BE96F55.jpeg

D9456808-1D42-49D1-BB05-18B16B0D7CBD.jpeg

C6190CFE-8EF7-429E-9B0C-58E826F218C7.jpeg
Looks great, wish mine still sat that high!! Those tires are great, little stiff at a load range E but very quiet and drive really good. After using a lot of my kids sidewalk chalk I found 31 psi was the magic number for me but mine is beaver then yours. Good luck!

sonystyle02

First Name
Sony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2017 NSX
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep looks great! I was waffling between 35 vs 37s and which lift to get myself. Ended up with 34.5 (315s) and the 2” Dynatrac. Very happy with the results :rock:

I’m in OC as well. Hope to see you around! :jk:

C3475E95-0863-438D-866A-A9893178CE01.jpeg

OP
OP
SleepEatJeepRepeat

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great, wish mine still sat that high!! Those tires are great, little stiff at a load range E but very quiet and drive really good. After using a lot of my kids sidewalk chalk I found 31 psi was the magic number for me but mine is beaver then yours. Good luck!
ya the shop put them at 42 very stiff, planning on pulling them down to 37 tomorrow

OP
OP
SleepEatJeepRepeat

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep looks great! I was waffling between 35 vs 37s and which lift to get myself. Ended up with 34.5 (315s) and the 2” Dynatrac. Very happy with the results :rock:

we should start a sting gray and anthracite Jeep club lol

your Jeep helped me finally decide on the satin gunmetal finish instead of black

Sponsored

OP
OP
SleepEatJeepRepeat

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t have my tazer on yet to reset for the bigger tires, but it went from being peppy/zippy to be quick and solid, 35s certainly slowed the vehicle down quite a bit, I can’t image 37s

my weight combo is 75lb tire 29lb wheel 104lbs total.. and a 100% feel a significant difference

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Thanks for your permission. :facepalm:

Ours are ~150#. I never said it didn't change how it handled over stock. I said, "We don't have any issues with the suspension other than it doesn't flex that much", in response to your comment that, "I don’t think the stock suspension is capable of running a heavy tire wheel combo...."

Clearly, it's capable of it. We're doing it, so there's that. And I'll reiterate: IMO, it drives better than any other 4x4 I've driven with 37" or bigger tires on the road at highway speeds. I don't say that lightly b/c I didn't want to like this Jeep, but after the way it drove up to Colorado, I'm actually very impressed.

Way back in the day, I worked at SDHQ and drove a lot of company, as well as customer trucks, with big lifts and big tires in addition to all my personal 4x4s that ran that size or larger tires. This drives better than those IMO.

I love it when people pull a statistic out of thin air. 100% huh? Quantitatively speaking, how did you arrive at that number? And...what exactly does the word "capable" mean to you? Maybe your definition is different than mine.

capable

• adj.
      Having capacity or ability; efficient; able.
    • adj.
      Having the ability required for a specific task or accomplishment; qualified.

Funny, I wasn't quaking in my boots at 100 mph passing people on the mountain grades...maybe we just have different thresholds for what constitutes areas for concern. Again, being 88" wide with no lift may be a big part of why it didn't make me nervous at all. It was carving through the canyons.

What you need to realize is that this sort of discussion is subjective. What's acceptable to me, may be wholly unacceptable to you in terms of the way a vehicle drives. The suspension controls how the contact patches interact with the terrain; it affects the perceived harshness, firmness, softness, body roll, etc. subjectively experienced by occupants; it literally suspends the vehicle over the drive axles...it does a whole lot of different things that are all interrelated with other components (sway bars and tires to name a few) to give an overall feel to the vehicle experience. Trying to reduce it down to a single thing that everyone can agree on is just about impossible since personal preference and personal tolerances are going to creep in.

But whatever, obviously your nose is out of joint b/c I said we're doing what you said wasn't capable of being done. At the end of the day, we're happy with the way our Jeep drives and we don't much care what you think about it.
You’re talking in circles, what did I say couldn’t be done?

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

Beautiful set up!! What wheels are those and what’s the offset? Have a side view?

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
A
Thanks for your permission. :facepalm:

Ours are ~150#. I never said it didn't change how it handled over stock. I said, "We don't have any issues with the suspension other than it doesn't flex that much", in response to your comment that, "I don’t think the stock suspension is capable of running a heavy tire wheel combo...."

Clearly, it's capable of it. We're doing it, so there's that. And I'll reiterate: IMO, it drives better than any other 4x4 I've driven with 37" or bigger tires on the road at highway speeds. I don't say that lightly b/c I didn't want to like this Jeep, but after the way it drove up to Colorado, I'm actually very impressed.

Way back in the day, I worked at SDHQ and drove a lot of company, as well as customer trucks, with big lifts and big tires in addition to all my personal 4x4s that ran that size or larger tires. This drives better than those IMO.

I love it when people pull a statistic out of thin air. 100% huh? Quantitatively speaking, how did you arrive at that number? And...what exactly does the word "capable" mean to you? Maybe your definition is different than mine.

capable

• adj.
      Having capacity or ability; efficient; able.
    • adj.
      Having the ability required for a specific task or accomplishment; qualified.

Funny, I wasn't quaking in my boots at 100 mph passing people on the mountain grades...maybe we just have different thresholds for what constitutes areas for concern. Again, being 88" wide with no lift may be a big part of why it didn't make me nervous at all. It was carving through the canyons.

What you need to realize is that this sort of discussion is subjective. What's acceptable to me, may be wholly unacceptable to you in terms of the way a vehicle drives. The suspension controls how the contact patches interact with the terrain; it affects the perceived harshness, firmness, softness, body roll, etc. subjectively experienced by occupants; it literally suspends the vehicle over the drive axles...it does a whole lot of different things that are all interrelated with other components (sway bars and tires to name a few) to give an overall feel to the vehicle experience. Trying to reduce it down to a single thing that everyone can agree on is just about impossible since personal preference and personal tolerances are going to creep in.

But whatever, obviously your nose is out of joint b/c I said we're doing what you said wasn't capable of being done. At the end of the day, we're happy with the way our Jeep drives and we don't much care what you think about it.
And you keep saying no lift, the 1.5 is a lift, Not a traditional one but a loft nonetheless.

Sponsored

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
What are you talking about? I don't have a lift. The 1.5 lift is being talked about by the OP....not me.

**EDIT** I get that the OP is asking about a 1.5" lift and 35s....but my comments to you had nothing to do with that and only addressed what I quoted you about....stock suspension with heavy tire/wheel combos.
Then I take all of what I said back, non of it was geared towards you. Have a good night.

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
They’re Fuel Shoks with the centercaps painted red. 17x9 -12 offset

C0F77A2F-4E14-4FA4-9458-4BE06A242A77.jpeg

C06C55EB-16AC-44E6-A57B-569A4E6BAFAF.jpeg
I appreciate the pictures my friend, I really want to stay with a +12. I have the Mopar beadlocks and I like them but they are very heavy and looking for a lighter wheel.