Teraflex ST1 1.5" spacer lift with 37"

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
You're arguing with someone who knows as much or more about suspension than likely 99% of the people on this forum.
Not arguing at all, we were literally talking about two different things and I'm man enough to admit when I’m wrong.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SleepEatJeepRepeat

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
So just put the tazer on and it’s back to driving quick and feeling response after tire size adjustment and a small increase to gear a gear ratios.. I will say those ridge grapplers are stiff.. definitely going to pull back the air pressure

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
So just put the tazer on and it’s back to driving quick and feeling response after tire size adjustment and a small increase to gear a gear ratios.. I will say those ridge grapplers are stiff.. definitely going to pull back the air pressure
Wait, you didn't change the axle gear ratio did you?

OP
OP
SleepEatJeepRepeat

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Wait, you didn't change the axle gear ratio did you?
The tazer lets you change the gear ratio..it’s not the same as rehearing I assume, I actually don’t know what tazer version is but it definitely brought the acceleration back

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
The tazer lets you change the gear ratio..it’s not the same as rehearing I assume, I actually don’t know what tazer version is but it definitely brought the acceleration back
Yeah you don’t want to mess with the gear ratio unless you actually changed your gears. The whole point of making changes to tire size and gear ratio is to get your speedometer to read properly and if you have the automatic to get your shift points back to where they should be.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SleepEatJeepRepeat

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah you don’t want to mess with the gear ratio unless you actually changed your gears. The whole point of making changes to tire size and gear ratio is to get your speedometer to read properly and if you have the automatic to get your shift points back to where they should be.
Thanks I put it back to 4.10

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
We're running one of the heavier true 37s out there on the stock suspension. We don't have any issues with the suspension other than it doesn't flex that much. JFYI

JmoS69I.jpg

Iysg0Sa.jpg
I would love to check out your Jeep one day, if you ever want some company on the trails let me know. it's always good to see what works for others in the area. I don't want a 3+ in lift so I try to check out what others are running that works well out here.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Aren't you over in the QC/East Valley Area? I am too. I'm getting ready to start building some stuff for ours (fenders, sliders, rear bumper...maybe some higher clearance crossmembers). Might be better to wait until those are done, but yeah....let me know. Wheeling season is about to start up again.

Honestly, I think the JLU needs at least a 2" lift just to get the belly off the rocks. The frame just sits too low.....which is unfortunate b/c the overall height is on the high side to begin with considering how poorly Jeep engineers laid out the drivetrain in relation to the interior.
Yes, I am in the southeast valley /Gilbert and Chandler area. I'm excited to have the Jeep for the Fall wheeling season. my 2019 had issues so missed out on quite a bit late winter and spring.

I try to get out every weekend, so I am down pretty much anytime. My skids are on now, and putting bumper on soon with winch so will be ready to pull myself out when I get hung up from not having the lift. I want to see how it does as this fall and plan to lift this winter. I am looking at the Synergy 2" lift, but waiting to see what all comes out at SEMA.
Sponsored