Sponsored

Tazer mini update issue

RSenese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Good evening.
Received my tazer mini jl today and tried to update it.
Mini/JL/Rubicon/3.6/Automatic

Trying to update, came with 11.1.1, trying to update to v 11.1.2 which is the latest.
“Failed: read Serial Timed Out” keeps coming up.
Tried OTA update on OSX and windows, as well as downloaded the software and tried manually.

Goes through the writing firmware with no issues, then says sending request, and then failed; serial read timed out
And won’t update.

Afraid to plug it in because I’m not sure where the device stands at this point

Any ideas?

Thank you
Sponsored

OP
OP
RSenese

RSenese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Update: So I'm able to get a success, on the OSX side, when I downloaded the file from the website, v11.1.2, it updates, success, and then restarts. but if I unplug it, plug it back into the computer, and then reload the software, it still shows me having 11.1.1-05159d1, and that there is a new update 11.1.2 available.

MACjeeps

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Sting Gray, 3.6L | 2016 JKU Rubicon Hard Rock, Rhino | 1979 CJ5
Update: So I'm able to get a success, on the OSX side, when I downloaded the file from the website, v11.1.2, it updates, success, and then restarts. but if I unplug it, plug it back into the computer, and then reload the software, it still shows me having 11.1.1-05159d1, and that there is a new update 11.1.2 available.
Same, I was not able to get the latest version 11.1.2 to install. I plugged it back in after the failed update and it still works OK. What a PITA trying to plug and unplug. I need smaller hands. :)

Not sure what the difference in update is, but I assume I don't need it if it didn't update. I'll wait for the next update before I try it again. Cool side note: I switched my DRL function to the the Turn Signals which I really like. The halos light up with the amber turn signals for the DRLs.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Same, I was not able to get the latest version 11.1.2 to install. I plugged it back in after the failed update and it still works OK. What a PITA trying to plug and unplug. I need smaller hands. :)

Not sure what the difference in update is, but I assume I don't need it if it didn't update. I'll wait for the next update before I try it again. Cool side note: I switched my DRL function to the the Turn Signals which I really like. The halos light up with the amber turn signals for the DRLs.
Buried in some thread (or release notes?) is a tidbit about 11.1.2 displaying the wrong version number. So, I think you’re all set.

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
I emailed Z about this. It is a glitch that will be fixed in next update. BUT the new version is in the device after you update, and you will see the correct version listed in the vehicle dash display. (It drove me crazy for 24 hours)
Sponsored