OP
BIGW0RM

BIGW0RM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Raptor // 22 M3 Comp X // 20 RRS
When you say "brake lock mode" or "brake hold mode", do you mean:

Line lock (locks front wheels for burnouts)
OR
Rock Crawl mode (applies brake pressure at all 4 wheels to hold the vehicle steady while rock crawling)?
OR
Is there some other feature I don't have? I have a Tazer JL Lite, so our options may differ.
No. I meant auto brake hold (where you press pedal hard for 2 seconds and it will hold until you gas) would release as soon as someone opens a door. I found that to be very dangerous.

I then later found out that I had also disabled "auto park" which puts the jeep into park when in drive IF the driver door is opened. So you dont run your self over.

I had disabled that thinking I might use it next time I go rock crawling. I also at times open my door when reversing, so again, I thought it would be useful to turn that off.

What I didnt know was... that auto brake hold was designed to also use auto park mode. Auto park mode is somewhat of auto brake holds safety backup.
Sponsored

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
No. I meant auto brake hold (where you press pedal hard for 2 seconds and it will hold until you gas) would release as soon as someone opens a door. I found that to be very dangerous.

I then later found out that I had also disabled "auto park" which puts the jeep into park when in drive IF the driver door is opened. So you dont run your self over.

I had disabled that thinking I might use it next time I go rock crawling. I also at times open my door when reversing, so again, I thought it would be useful to turn that off.

What I didnt know was... that auto brake hold was designed to also use auto park mode. Auto park mode is somewhat of auto brake holds safety backup.
Thanks, I understood that. I just wasn't sure if it was one of those other modes or if it was something different. I just installed my Tazer JL Lite over the weekend and have not messed around with it much other than to set my Tire calibration.