Tapping high beam for relay trigger.

Remmy

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon, 2017 F250 6.7, 2018 Expedition
I looked for this past weekend and the best place I could find to tap the high beams was behind the housing of the headlights.
I tapped in the white/grey wire on the passenger side light to trigger the relay from my rigid D-SS spots
Power for the relay comes from switch 3 (I have the switch panel) so I can switch the spots off when needed.

! This was on a EU wrangler with LED headlights, don't know if there is a difference color-codes with the US versions.
This^^

I did the same so far no issues. Triggering a 50" Single Row and 2 Rigid D2 Driving Cubes. I also replaced the stock halogen fogs with Rigid SAE Fogs (Poison Spider Bruiser Bumper) and they are incredible to run with the low beams.
Sponsored

MarkyMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon JLU 2.0t w/ eTorque & Moto Guzzi Griso
There another feed on this topic as well. In it @Stewtomcat mentions that Stedi Uk offers a pigtail:
https://stediuk.com/products/stedi-jeep-wrangler-jl-gladiator-headlight-piggyback-adaptor
wondering if anyone found an alternative site? I really don’t want to splice into my wiring harness if I can avoid it. The $40 honestly doesn’t seem that bad to me. But I don’t like their $60 for shipping. Plus they’re backordered. Hoping one of you might’ve seen an alternative site that makes a pigtail.