Taking delivery Friday- Nervous!

mreloc

First Name
ME
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Altitude; VWGTI
SO I've been notified by my dealer that my long-awaited order is finally arriving tonight and that I can pick it up on Friday morning. Funny thing is, instead of being really excited, I'm actually sort of dreading the road test that I know I need to do before I sign the check! If it wanders or if the steering wheel play is out of whack, I'm going to walk... and I don't really have a good alternative vehicle that I want as much as this one. Dealer also let me order a Gladiator that is also in, so I can scratch my head about which one I want the most, I suppose- but the Wrangler is the most practical for me since it will allow me to close my garage door lol.
Positive vibes appreciated for a successful test drive!
Sponsored

Attachments

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
Good luck!!!!!

took delivery of my ā€˜20 Sahara on Sept 5th.

LOVING IT!!!!! Driving is FUN again!!!!!!

enjoy!!!!!
8F864662-CC64-4099-9A08-91871C6F4EDB.jpeg

RubiJR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and 1992 Suzuki Sidekick
SO I've been notified by my dealer that my long-awaited order is finally arriving tonight and that I can pick it up on Friday morning. Funny thing is, instead of being really excited, I'm actually sort of dreading the road test that I know I need to do before I sign the check! If it wanders or if the steering wheel play is out of whack, I'm going to walk... and I don't really have a good alternative vehicle that I want as much as this one. Dealer also let me order a Gladiator that is also in, so I can scratch my head about which one I want the most, I suppose- but the Wrangler is the most practical for me since it will allow me to close my garage door lol.

Deep breath and watch some videos to get some excitement. It is natural when buying something new and a little pricey. Good thoughts sending your way and take a written check list so you can check each item off. Happiness is a State of mind and the Jeep products should help

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
WOW! Iā€™m nervous for you too! Like you, I was dreading my test drive. I didnā€™t want to go into the dealership to pick it up. I got the call on Friday and was glad I didnā€™t have to go in until Monday. I was nervous the entire time at the dealership too. Doubting my test drive, wondering if I was too distracted during it to notice sloppy steering. Nervous while signing the papers. Itā€™s such an expensive commitment! Wondering why I was putting myself through this when I had a perfectly reliable Lexus at home.

Some things I wanted to tell you before you picked yours up. I think I have about an inch of dead spot in my steering wheel. Doesnā€™t bother me at all, steering is great nonetheless, no wandering. I read that is normal in a wrangler?

Also, cold air blows out of my heater occasionally unless itā€™s on the hottest setting (HI). Dealership says itā€™ll do that until the car is warmed up. Well, duh. My left speaker cut out once. Dealer said itā€™s probably my usb cable and I need a new one. Maybe theyā€™re right, I donā€™t know. They didnā€™t find anything wrong so they just did an alignment to center my steering wheel (you probably remember that issue I had, it was tilted to the right). I figure little issues like this you should know about before signing the papers.

I still love my Jeep, I suspect itā€™s an electrical problem but it isnā€™t enough to bug me. Dealership found nothing wrong so if it gets worse Iā€™ll take it in again. I love my Jeep! :involve:

Oh and make sure your steering wheel returns back to the center when coming out of a turn. Iā€™ve read some Jeeps with bad steering donā€™t do that and they have to manually turn the wheel to straighten the car out. How horrible. :facepalm:

Iā€™ll be sending positive vibes your way. Good luck! Oh and BTW, I was on the gladiator forum and some of them are having steering issues too so test drive them both carefully. :fingerscrossed::like:

JJSix

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2016 Dodge Caravan
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Good luck! I was nervous as hell when i went to pick mine up. Hopefully everything works out well, steering for my 2020 is great, little bit of a deadspot right in the center but tracks dead straight @34 PSI.

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
If it steers poorly ask them for a $1500 discount so you can buy the correct parts to solve the issue. If not walk. I know two guys who have played it that way and both got the extra discount.

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it . You know it is just a vehicle and it is under warranty and if something goes wrong it will get fixed . I would say that huge majority of new Jeep owners have no issues with their new wheels so if we should believe in statistics then you will be a very satisfied customer as well.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
You will be fine. Just make sure the tires are at about 36psi before you test drive. Congrats!

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
First world problems!

Let us know how it went.

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Good luck!!!!!

took delivery of my ā€˜20 Sahara on Sept 5th.

LOVING IT!!!!! Driving is FUN again!!!!!!

enjoy!!!!!
8F864662-CC64-4099-9A08-91871C6F4EDB.jpeg
Chris, I see you also have Toyo Open Country AT tires. How do you like them, and how do they compare to the stock tires? I LOVE mine; I had a set of them on my previous FJ Cruiser. Switching to them solved ALL of my steering problems. I also took them off-road today in very thick and deep mud, and sugar sand. They performed perfectly!

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 3.6 eTorque
Test drive? Mine was the 200 mile trip home after paying for it. Stop worrying and enjoy it. Thereā€™s probably a half a percent that have poor steering and another percent that think it should drive like their bmw they just traded in.

OP
OP
mreloc

mreloc

First Name
ME
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Altitude; VWGTI
WOW! Iā€™m nervous for you too! Like you, I was dreading my test drive. I didnā€™t want to go into the dealership to pick it up. I got the call on Friday and was glad I didnā€™t have to go in until Monday. I was nervous the entire time at the dealership too. Doubting my test drive, wondering if I was too distracted during it to notice sloppy steering. Nervous while signing the papers. Itā€™s such an expensive commitment! Wondering why I was putting myself through this when I had a perfectly reliable Lexus at home.

Some things I wanted to tell you before you picked yours up. I think I have about an inch of dead spot in my steering wheel. Doesnā€™t bother me at all, steering is great nonetheless, no wandering. I read that is normal in a wrangler?

Also, cold air blows out of my heater occasionally unless itā€™s on the hottest setting (HI). Dealership says itā€™ll do that until the car is warmed up. Well, duh. My left speaker cut out once. Dealer said itā€™s probably my usb cable and I need a new one. Maybe theyā€™re right, I donā€™t know. They didnā€™t find anything wrong so they just did an alignment to center my steering wheel (you probably remember that issue I had, it was tilted to the right). I figure little issues like this you should know about before signing the papers.

I still love my Jeep, I suspect itā€™s an electrical problem but it isnā€™t enough to bug me. Dealership found nothing wrong so if it gets worse Iā€™ll take it in again. I love my Jeep! :involve:

Oh and make sure your steering wheel returns back to the center when coming out of a turn. Iā€™ve read some Jeeps with bad steering donā€™t do that and they have to manually turn the wheel to straighten the car out. How horrible. :facepalm:

Iā€™ll be sending positive vibes your way. Good luck! Oh and BTW, I was on the gladiator forum and some of them are having steering issues too so test drive them both carefully. :fingerscrossed::like:
Great points all the way around Jennalee- honestly I think you were more nervous than I am lol- but thank you for sharing your experiences and tips.
Sponsored